Sign in to follow this  
TCinJ

Post your favorite hot wing recipe!

Thought it would be fun to get and share some ideas on a classic super bowl snack.

My recipe comes from a pizza place that was next door to a business I used to own.

It's pretty easy. Just take your wings (fresh or frozen) simmer for 30 minutes in slightly salted water. Let wings cool. The restaurant pre-cooked the wings days in advance and used the water for chicken stock in other dishes. You then dust the wings in corn starch and deep fry them until crispy. Roll around in your favorite sauce (I use Frank's red hot) and serve. The "secret" to the recipe is the parboiling - it gives the wings a chewy kind of beef jerky texture on the outside. (overcooked, actually) The kind of thing you'll recognize but have not been able to duplicate at home. Now you know why - you're essentially eating leftovers. (but if you fry anything it'll taste good!)

They also had boneless style "wings". These were chicken breast strips that were simmered for about 10 minutes. Then dusted in corn starch, deep fried and rolled in sauce. The strips would curl after frying. I think they called them "buffalo tails" or something like that. My kids love buffalo tails and sometimes boneless chicken breast is on sale cheaper than wings! (which used to be chicken scraps until they were marketed into snack food!)

What's your favorite wing recipe?

1) Get smallest wings possible (I use Maloney's Meat's in Jersey City)

2) Cut the Drumette from the Flat (Maloney's will do it for you, Just ask em')

3) Sprinkle with salt and pepper

4) Let Chicken come to room temperature (Will all cook evenly, and faster)

5) Fry in canola oil

6) 1/2lb Butter melted into 1 Bottle Frank's Red Hot

7) When chicken is crispy set on rack to drain off any excess oil

8) Pour Sauce mixture into large bowl and put in wings, toss to coat.

Makes about 4-5lbs wings.

1) Get smallest wings possible (I use Maloney's Meat's in Jersey City)

2) Cut the Drumette from the Flat (Maloney's will do it for you, Just ask em')

3) Sprinkle with salt and pepper

4) Let Chicken come to room temperature (Will all cook evenly, and faster)

5) Fry in canola oil

6) 1/2lb Butter melted into 1 Bottle Frank's Red Hot

7) When chicken is crispy set on rack to drain off any excess oil

8) Pour Sauce mixture into large bowl and put in wings, toss to coat.

Makes about 4-5lbs wings.

Moloney's is great. Mr. Moloney is a great guy. I went to school with his sons. Honestly some of the best, and funniest, people you'll ever meet.

Do esplain

A buddy of mine used to be a regular there and we'd often go for drinks and pizza. Back then (2000-2006) I was playing in a few bands and regularly played both the Full House and George's Arena.

I have a teeny love affair with Bayonne if that makes any sense. It is where I met my future wife.

A buddy of mine used to be a regular there and we'd often go for drinks and pizza. Back then (2000-2006) I was playing in a few bands and regularly played both the Full House and George's Arena.

I have a teeny love affair with Bayonne if that makes any sense. It is where I met my future wife.

George's is gone, condo's are there now. :(

Full House has changed hands a few times with a different ethnic themes each time.

You married a Bayonne chick? :facepalm:

Ha! No!

Shes from Elizabeth ! Lol

A fee of the other band members arefrom Bayonne so it was a decent home base. She came to a show and that's how we met...at the full house.

George's is gone, condo's are there now. :(

Full House has changed hands a few times with a different ethnic themes each time.

You married a Bayonne chick? :facepalm:

Ha! No!

Shes from Elizabeth ! Lol

A fee of the other band members arefrom Bayonne so it was a decent home base. She came to a show and that's how we met...at the full house.

That's how my mommy met my daddy, NICE!