bulpup

some strange contrary information

One thing ive learned over the years in "studies" is that they can be skewed by sample groups. In 1977... did they REALLY ask every household in America if they owned a gun? and to further my point.. what type of data sampling did they use to come to the conclusion of their new findings.. Its very hard to get accurate evidence regarding people's stance when 300 million people are the target.

On a side note, you'd think that a study done by the Violence Policy Center is as biased as the Tobacco co's telling us their study shows that smoking actually cures cancer and not causes it.

There are an infinite number of ways to distort data. I'm pretty sure I could take the data they're working with and use it to show that nearly 90% of americans support the right to keep an bear arms, for the sole use of Unicorn hunting.

• Like 1

There are an infinite number of ways to distort data. I'm pretty sure I could take the data they're working with and use it to show that nearly 90% of americans support the right to keep an bear arms, for the sole use of Unicorn hunting.

You mean there's other uses for bearing arms? :p

If guns are really the cause of all evil like the VPC and Brady bunch want you to believe, why is crime increasing as they claim gun ownership is decreasing?

I don't think they are smart enough to realize that they are defeating their own logic.

• Like 1

If guns are really the cause of all evil like the VPC and Brady bunch want you to believe, why is crime increasing as they claim gun ownership is decreasing?

Because you can never sway ideological true believers with anything so mundane as facts. They will simply disregard as manufactured any data that flies in the face of their convictions, and yell even louder, from an even higher mountaintop.

That's why we make no progress against them. Our factual arguments mean nothing to them, and we don't know how to be heard any other way.

Didn't watch the video, it would only piss me off.

What about the financial statistics of the firearms industry that show that firearm sales are through the roof. Sure that's often attributed to fewer people owning more guns, but I don't think one person is going to buy 14 different types of ARs.

What about the financial statistics of the firearms industry that show that firearm sales are through the roof. Sure that's often attributed to fewer people owning more guns, but I don't think one person is going to buy 14 different types of ARs.

Umm have you seen some of the threads on these forums, not to mention AR15.com :) But yea I agree with you that more gun ownership is on the rise

Well, I'd love to have a few ARs, but I think I'd be more happy with 20 different kinds of revolvers. ^_^

Working on it. Be patient.

I also find it kind of comforting that only about 2,000 people watched that video. That's the kind of fail numbers I get when I upload to Youtube LOL.

Don't worry too much about watchinhg the video. It looks like a film student did it.

I find it comforting that they refuse to post videos unless they disable likes/dislikes, and comments.

Here's a quote from that CBS news story. Methinks the doucherocket that made the video needs to do his homework:

"

The latest

Gallup Poll

on guns says that 47 percent of Americans now have guns, more than any time since 1993, and women are buying in increasing numbers. Twenty-three percent of women report that they are gun owners, that is up from 13 percent in 2005."

Shrinking minority? LOL

• Like 1

Are they really trying to use the strategy of announcing victory before even winning the battle? Granted this is one of the only way for small groups to over throw a large government and get the people on their side, but this isn't a civil war (not yet anyways) and if it does degrade to that we will be using our guns and guess who will win then :p stupid hippies.