Sign in to follow this  
Philevon

Just picked up a Glock 23

Congratulations on the G23. I think it is one of the most versatile guns out there for defense. I would also look into a 9mm conversion barrel and a couple of G19 magazines (For about $150 dollars you can practice with much cheaper 9mm rounds). I have a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for mine and some of the South Korean G19 magazines for it that I use at the range. I have over 1000 rounds through that barrel and those mags and never had a hiccup. Unless you really love the silly Lone Wolf emblem, I would pay the extra $20 or so and get one with that emblem not visible. If I could do it over, I would have done that, but really I have no problems with my barrel. You can also get a .357 SIG barrel for it, I believe and it will drop right in. You might even be able to use the .40 magazines, but I am not sure. You can also get yourself some of the G22 magazines (15-rounders) and keep near the night stand. The KKM barrels are more costly, but might not be much more than the Lone Wolf with the emblem hidden. The only problem I have ever had with the conversion barrel is that with the cheap aluminum-cased Blazer 9mm ammo, it ejects sporadically and sometimes hits my safety glasses. I don't seem to have this problem with brass ammo.