woodentoe

Anyone shoot OBRAMS?

Check the videos on the Obrams website . Courses aren't overly complicated, just shooting paper and steel from different positions with some movement. Always a wide range of ability at the matches, and you probably won't be the only first timer. Everyone here had a first match and I think most would tell you that they were guided through their first match by the experienced shooters and taught what they needed to know.

Go to the orientation on 3/17. You will get to walk through a complete course of fire, learn the rules, safety, etc. Then you will get to shoot the course, possibly a few times.

Wow, I didn't know there was an orientation on 3/17. Unfortunately, I will be...drunk.

Wow, I didn't know there was an orientation on 3/17. Unfortunately, I will be...drunk.

As you see it's in the morning, but if your still woozy from the night before skip the orientation. Now if do hit the match in April, like was said, you probably won't be the only person new to shooting. That and a bunch of use from here do go to these matches. Also many of us are now RO's so even if we have a large showing of NJGF members and we get split into multiple squads you should be able to get with someone from here that is familiar. Even if you were not on a one of our squads, everyone at these matches are very helpful with new shooter and new to action shooters, so noting to worry about.

Also the even if you can't make it to the orientation on the 17th, every match does have orientation for new shooters.

After you look at the video, let us know if you have any other questions.

Iggy will take any new shooter to a pit and have them show him that they can shoot a mag, drop it, load another, and continue firing, all without doing anything dumb. Once you pass his test, you will be allowed to join a sqaud. They usually put new people with very experienced people to make sure things go safely and smoothly. They can't put all the newbies together though or it would screw-up the flow of the program.

There are a decent number of kids at this event and they do fine, some better than the adults!

Gentlemen:

The OBRAMS Class at OB on March 17th is only for Old Bridge Members and reservations are required. We may consider permitting non OB shooters to take the class if the 16 slots allocated for the class are not filled by OB Members.

The cost for non-OB Members would be $20.00

You can PM me to be put on a waiting list.

Iggy

**** SPECIAL NOTICE FROM THE CLUB NEWS LETTER ****

OBRAMS will be hosting a Rimfire Action Clinic for Old Bridge Members interested in joining the Rimfire fun. The Clinic will be held on March 17, 2012, staring at 8:00 AM and ending at 4:00 PM in Pits 1-4 of the outdoor range.

The Clinic will cover the following topics.

Gun Safety

Gun Handling Skills

Scoring

Verbal Commands

Target types

Following the completion of the lecture, participants will shoot four actual OBRAMS Stages. The course will be limited to 16 participants and cost $5.00.

I am really excited for this thing to start up. And will have a shiny new M&P 22 handgun for this too.

10 rounds to a mag iggy?

if so, at least 5 or 6 mags is a good number for any gun game.

We normally shoot 5 Stages and we try to make the round count around 30 per Stage “Long Course”

Ten round is the magazine capacity for the League since we use Production rules for pistol scoring.

We have found that 5 Magazines work quite well.

In addition , in April we will be announcing a few cool changes for 2012.

Iggy