Hey guys just posting a little information about geocaching because i dont think it is widely known. Geocaching is a fun way to spend a few hours or a whole day. It basically is treasure hunting. Someone will hide a box or a small container in the woods and uploads the gps co-ordinates and it is normally camoflauged and hidden very well. Then with a hand held gps unit or a smart phone another person tries to locate it. when you use the smart phone your phone turns into a compass and it tells you the distance and direction to the cache. Once found you log in the book which is normally inside of the container that you were there and hide it in the same spot and go looking for more. it is a whole lot of fun and i have been doing it for a few months now and love it. I figured a bunch of people here are outdoors people like myself and i thought if people didnt know about this then i could possibly enlighten some of you and maybe turn you into geocachers. here is a link to the website http://www.geocaching.com to join the website is free and if you have a smart phone the app is free as well it is called c:geo, after you download the app on your phone just login with your username and password that you use on the website. like i said it is great to burna few hours in the woods and it is fun for the whole family as well.

I always wanted to try it, but I figure I'd probably spend a ton of gas, and a lot of time, and not find anything cool. At the same time, I'm really interested in it. It seems pretty cool definitely, but I don't even know how one gets into it.

If you have a smart phone download the app and go online and sign up on the link i provided and then search live map and you will be surprised to find a bunch within 5 miles of you i bet

nope some of my family members od it and they are in their late 40's i do it and i am 20, in reality i think it is targeted for older age groups since you have to drive there and you used to have to use handheld GPS devices which are not cheap