Old Glock guy

Interesting historical perspective on gun control laws

Mark, I agree with much of what you say. Ann Coulter's job is to piss some people off, while firing other people up. If she were not controversial, she wouldn't have a job. While I agree with her more often than not, I can see how she can be offensive, so I would not normally post her blog. But in this case, I thought she made some interesting points about the history of gun control efforts which would be of interest to our group.

Ann Coulter serves a purpose, she's a Pit Bull, and while the right pretty much just has her, the left has Dozens of them, who have NO Qualms whatsoever about taking off the gloves and getting nasty, She manages to get right back into their faces and give it back. Republicans don't "Like" her because she doesnt play nice, she doesnt give a damn about the Moral High Ground, and loves to get into the donnybrooks with the opposite side. I Disagree with a lot of the things she says, but i give her all the credit in the world for speaking her mins unabashedly, rather than playing "LIttle Miss PC". The mere fact that the mention of her name drives some of the screaming Lefitsts into seizures is enough for me. As to this article, Yeah there's some propaganda in there, but it IS factually correct.

Ann Coulter serves a purpose, she's a Pit Bull, and while the right pretty much just has her, the left has Dozens of them, who have NO Qualms whatsoever about taking off the gloves and getting nasty, She manages to get right back into their faces and give it back. Republicans don't "Like" her because she doesnt play nice, she doesnt give a damn about the Moral High Ground, and loves to get into the donnybrooks with the opposite side. I Disagree with a lot of the things she says, but i give her all the credit in the world for speaking her mins unabashedly, rather than playing "LIttle Miss PC". The mere fact that the mention of her name drives some of the screaming Lefitsts into seizures is enough for me. As to this article, Yeah there's some propaganda in there, but it IS factually correct.

But when she does attack, she uses logic, not the real nasty personal attacks the those on the left use.

She states no one born in the last 60 years has any idea about American history and blames the teachers. She's pretty wrong on the assessment. You want to look at the real reason public education is going downhill blame your precious Republican Bush and the NCLB act.

Sorry Mark, but the education system has been on the downhill slide since way before Bush.

Maybe someone can come up with some kind of answer....

Given their history of persecution, why are so many Blacks and Jews in the anti-gun camp.

I know of numerous exceptions but as a whole I believe this to be true. Or is it city folks vs country folks thing?

I've spent my whole life on the east coast and may have limited exposure.

Really? Most NY Jews I know are armed to the teeth. I didnt realize there was a significant Jewish poulation that was anti-gun. Intuitively that doesn't make sense to me.

Interesting argument and I am certainly no history expert but I would argue the Democrats then do not equal the Democrats now. I think it is a completely different party.

But when she does attack, she uses logic, not the real nasty personal attacks the those on the left use.

That's why she's so effective..utterly Brutal, but cold about it...like stepping on a bug.