Atlas

Gunsmith that can thread a barrel, permanently install muzzle brake

I'm very interested in doing this to my AR. I have the colt mt6400, I believe the barrel is 16.1". Can you guys help me out?

Also, is it possible to re-pin the stock at a shorter location since I'm shorter than average and with the stock fully extended it is not ideal for me to shoot like that. Not sure of the legality in that but if its legal I would like to bring it in

Who did you speak with....

The problem is its under 16"..... and you are in NJ..... I'm not quite sure u can even have the barrel threaded or not....

Barrel length..finished must be 16" minimum....

Unless I am misunderstanding Granby, he has a 14.5 barrel that he wants you to do compliancy work to, so it is 16" legal.

Nice kick in the a$$ Nick..

So much for supporting local sponsors...

Sent from my Nexus 7

He already posted that he is getting turned away and threatened with being reported to the police by local shops because of his short barrel. Just throwing another reputable shop out there. Forgive me.

Do you have reading comprehension skills?...

Who threatened him to be turned in to the police?....

:facepalm:

Welp. I'm an idiot. (Seriously)

I confused this thread with the one where the guy had a 14.5" barrel and was turned away by mastadon and threatened with calling the police.

*this* thread is a 16 inch colt barrel.

I'm retarded :facepalm:

Nick, there is another thread started recently. A member stated that they wanted a muzzle break installed on their upper. He said that when calling mastodon, he was told that the length of the barrel in question made it illegal to own. Further, he said he was told that if he came into the store with the upper, that the authorities would be called.

This is from my own memory of reading it. Will try to find in a search.

Out of curiosity... Can you bring a 14.5 upper and pin a 1.5" comp like the Dynacomp to make it NJ compliant? Seeing what my options are on a personal project, and this seems related to the OP's question. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, if it came out that way.

Im the OP on this thread and seeing how so much interest lately, I have another question along same lines for the pros here. I'm interested in a Wilson Combat upper with their muzzle brake permanently pinned by them. The brake has threads on the outside for screwing on a supressor. I have no urge to use one at all but like the brake and its all they offer. My question is this:

Do the outside threads need to be ground off or is it NJ compliant as is.

Let me re-iterate, it does NOT have a suppressor with it.

Thanks

This may help you out. The responses are in the grey. I say better safe than sorry. Chuck the brake in a lathe and turn down the threads if you like it that much. I personally have a FSC556 installed and now worry about confronting LEO with small pinkies.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20721-nj-legal-muzzle-brakes/

This may help you out. The responses are in the grey. I say better safe than sorry. Chuck the brake in a lathe and turn down the threads if you like it that much. I personally have a FSC556 installed and now worry about confronting LEO with small pinkies.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20721-nj-legal-muzzle-brakes/

If u go to pws's site there is a letter for each of the fsc devices from the batf... Stating they are not a flash suppressor ... As others have suggested in other threads about these print out the letter and stick it in the rifle case...not a guarantee of walking away but a better shot than nothing lol

Thanks for the info. I've done my homework on the FSC and do keep a copy by it's bedside and on the road. Any confrontation is one too many and I hope to keep it at zero. Personally I was thinking of a Miculek or SJC, but the FSC just complemented my setup more.