Jon

Kudos to Woodland Park PD

Absolutely disgusting that this guy would try to come onto a 12yr old girl, but 2 big thumbs up to Woodland Park PD for a prompt investigation and quick arrest.

"When this came to light we went into it head-on. We didn't care if it was one of our own,"

http://www.lawofficer.com/article/news/nj-officer-accused-luring-12-y?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150735418093881_22047681_10150735654058881#f8fc1f5f6f62a4

not defending the guy, but...is it possible for a 12 year old to look like a 20 year old? either way, the guy must have known the kid's age.

I've been to clubs where someone says they're 21 and look it, only to find out they're 17 and using their older sister's ID.

not defending the guy, but...is it possible for a 12 year old to look like a 20 year old? either way, the guy must have known the kid's age.

I've been to clubs where someone says they're 21 and look it, only to find out they're 17 and using their older sister's ID.

NO, it's not.

No 12 is 12 period, doesn't matter if they look a year older by 3 or 4 years, they are still 12, end of story, no questions asked. People who prey on children should be dealt with appropriately, Gen Pop and advertised what he's in for would be too nice for this scumbag.. Sorry as a father of a daughter I have no tolerance for this and neither should society..

He was helping the family on another matter. He was in a position of authority with respect to this family. Therefore, regardless of her age, it is inappropriate for him to be hitting on the daughter of a family he is helping. Even if she were an 18 year old high school senior, it would still be wrong. You don't want people hesitating to call the cops because they may try to hit on your daughters or sons. It is an abuse of the authority that comes with the badge. On top of that, for him to send pictures of himself in uniform is a further abuse of the power of the police, and it is an insult to other LEOs.

Living in WP for 31 years, it's disturbing that this guy was a cop in our town.

I went to high school with his sister, she was a couple years older than me. She was a snotty jerk. So it doesn't surprise me that this guy turned out to be a scumbag.

The worst part is this guy has a 10 year old daughter, and thought it would be ok to prey on a 12 year old. Just crazy.