Underdog

19 Things That The Talking Heads On Television Are Being Strangely Silent About

Lets see.

#1 normal. It's only making the news because we have better observation platforms in place, and because it has been marketed to get those platforms attention and make them seem sufficiently important in the public's eyes.

#2 You can wring your hands over it all you want. Until someone actually decides to do something, it's not news.

#3 Perhaps they are too busy covering the fact that the volcano in mexico city is getting all irritable. It is much closer to us after all.

#4 As for the ring of fire activity, "half the planet is really very dangerous and could up and kill you any moment without warning" really pushes past news on to a metaphysical conversation about human existence.

Note: one could argue that #3 and #4 are being discussed in the media with news about research regarding earthquakes and how they are seasonal.

#5 The media covered that last bajillion rises in food prices. It's old news and expected at this point.

#6 The US credit rating has been all over the news. maybe the article writer went on vacation.

#7 The money for hiring IRS agents to enforce Obamacare fines has also been all over the news.

#8 The arizona law infringing free speech has been on the news

#9 The passport thing was the first thing on here that I hadn't heard about.

#10 Seriously? What news outlet HASN'T covered escalating tensions in the persian gulf. I mean seriously the author of that article links a frikin BUSINESS magazine article, the only way to get more complete coverage is to have an article about it in people magzaine and the weekly world news.

#11 The author is about a year late to the "mass deaths" meme. He's also way wrong about there not being sicentific explanations. For the most part the mass deaths are normal and the only thing odd is them being bundled together to imply they are related and somehow mysterious and scary.

#12 monetizing the US debt.. It's been on the news. What hasn't been on the news is cogent discussion of it's implications. The news hasn't had cogent discussions of the implications of anything pretty much as long as I have been alive.

#13 there has been no coverage of the great sinkhole conspiracy because there isn't one. The dude links to a story of a giant sinkhole from a mine collapse. I mean is that really a global mystery that if you dig lots of holes underground too big, they might collapse? Build roads over swampland, they might not be terribly durable? It's liek reporting water is wet.

#14 as noted previously, there actually HAS been news coverage of it, and ongoing research regading earthquake "seasons".

#15 If you think fraking hasn't been in the news cycle, you need to stop taking so many naps in a day.

#16 I'll give him that the school evacuation practices haven't been news. The quesiton is if they should even be news.

#17 Strange noises. Internet attention whoring shouldn't be global news. I'll point out that the only reason he knows about it is because news outlets jumped all over it, and then people started paying attention ad realizing there are noises in every town theat they just ignore as background noise.

#18 the high number of tornadoes this year has been all over pretty much every news outlet. Once again, he needs to nap less or something.

#19 Obama's executive order certainly did get lots of media attention. It might not have been the 6 o'clock news, but it got lots of attention.

#17 The strange noises happened live on TV during a baseball game. it has been one of the biggest things to be talked about on the internet within the last year...

NDAA has been talked about by Alex Jones and others on the internet. I think even Judge Andrew Napolitano mentioned it as well in his Facebook Blogs and on Fox News (which I don't watch).

#17 - I point the finger at the government running strange tests of sorts (harpa or whatever it is called) and they are probably behind these strange sounds in some way or another.. (this after reading enough web sites and youtube video's with some scary speculations).. I think my accusation of the government may the most reasonable. Just hope they don't open pandora's box with whatever it is because it doesn't sound natural for sure!!

?? I have never heard of that, what is it?

High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAARP#Fringe_speculations

I haven't done much research into HAARP myself. But the common conspiracy theroy is the government can use HAARP to control weather patterns.

http://www.cracked.com/funny-3304-haarp-conspiracy-theory