Dude, so what happened to your carbine last time? Seemed like it was running great, then wouldn't run at all. Did something break?

my guess is that the extractor was too dirty and gunked, idk need to make time to take it to the range and see how she does now that she is near factory clean. I soaked, scrubbed, and burned powder off of that thing. I was very upset with it that day. Was the first time i had any issues with it, but if it was malfunctioning because it was dirty then i guess it was all my fault.

my guess is that the extractor was too dirty and gunked, idk need to make time to take it to the range and see how she does now that she is near factory clean. I soaked, scrubbed, and burned powder off of that thing. I was very upset with it that day. Was the first time i had any issues with it, but if it was malfunctioning because it was dirty then i guess it was all my fault.

I saw on the JR website there where some recalls for rapid fire issues with these guns. Have you had the recall service done yet?

Le results are posted!

http://www.worldclasssteel.com/dnn/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=3Jx9W1X7DwE%3d&tabid=107&mid=522

Sheeit, 3 and 3. i was hoping to better in the pistol class but looking at the times at the guys ahead of me, i got a loooooooong way to go! lol. That guy Jimmy in 1st must be a machine gun at the wheel. damn!

And Mike hot on my heels in carbine! That was a close race through most of the day though. It wasn't until later in the day when you had a short loaded mag and other issues did the gap really start to widen.

And ahem... Cheryl beat Harry on stage 5. Just sayin... ;)

Good to hear, Mike. With a little instruction while i was RO'ing, Cheryl was doing a heck of a lot lot better and was much less frustrated at the line. Get that girl some trigger time before the next one!

Yeah, i guess it wasn't too shabby for me. Frankly though, the times start to climb pretty high in open by 5th place. spots 1-4 in irons also beat the 5th guy in open. Those 1 and 2 spots still look pretty intimidating though! I have to see those guys shoot next time. One of you will have to point them out to me at the next one, its got to be quite the spectacle. A good indicator nonetheless and has me anxious for the next one. :D

I remember hearing one of those open guys, sounded like a machine gun. If they only had 10 rounds loaded in a mag they must have ultra-fast mag swaps!

Cheryl says thankyou very much for the help, she really appreciated it and you saw how much better she did.

We rarely go practice, our practice is the actual competitions. She has only done PPC (indoors at OBRPC), she has never done any steel. Now that she got a taste of it my ammo bill will double............... :(

I will stick to the revolvers, gives me a reason to be slow, I hope. ;)

I love long guns, shotgunning is my thing. Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, anything else is just filler for me. :)

I will figure-out what I am doing wrong with my Saiga, it ran fine for Alec once again. If it screws-up on me again I will sell it to Alec.

Spent almost 4 hours at the range today shooting all but one of my guns and happy to report that My carbine ran flawlessly for me, did have one ejector problem when my friend used it but I believe it was user error on his part. Too bad my job won't let me play. Manager actually suggested that if i really needed off for these events that i should think about working elsewhere, cause my chances are really slim to be getting many Sundays off through out the summer. Bull Shit!!

Pistol, pistol caliber carbine/rifle & shotgun with bird shot

No rifle rounds, buckshot, or magnum loads.

So if i had a rifle that shot 9mm or 45acp i could use it, but not one that is 308/30-06.

Do you know of any that are rifle based that i could shoot in that use rifles?

Spent almost 4 hours at the range today shooting all but one of my guns and happy to report that My carbine ran flawlessly for me, did have one ejector problem when my friend used it but I believe it was user error on his part. Too bad my job won't let me play. Manager actually suggested that if i really needed off for these events that i should think about working elsewhere, cause my chances are really slim to be getting many Sundays off through out the summer. Bull Shit!!

Different job = smelling better. :)

So if i had a rifle that shot 9mm or 45acp i could use it, but not one that is 308/30-06.

Do you know of any that are rifle based that i could shoot in that use rifles?

Correct, 9mm and 45acp are pistol calibers so they are ok, but 308/30.06 is most definitely a rifle caliber and not accepted. We shoot at steel plates that are 10 yards away; using a Garand would probably not be that safe. :lol:

If you want to shoot your rifles competitively, look for a High Power match or a proper 3-gun match. at the various clubs in the tri-state area. I think every club probably has a high power match, but only a few do a 3-gun.

I'm certainly gonna try. ;)

Remember, i'm shooting 60 y/o ammo through my rifle; its mystery enough as to whether its gonna even fire or extract every time it pull the trigger.

I'd be curious to know if a 22 rifle would have the cojones enough to knock over the plates. I'd like to use my 10/22 one of these days so i dont have to spend an hour cleaning up after shooting all that corrosive ammo.

I'm certainly gonna try. ;)

Remember, i'm shooting 60 y/o ammo through my rifle; its mystery enough as to whether its gonna even fire or extract every time it pull the trigger.

I'd be curious to know if a 22 rifle would have the cojones enough to knock over the plates. I'd like to use my 10/22 one of these days so i dont have to spend an hour cleaning up after shooting all that corrosive ammo.

.22 is really no good. Go back to past knockdown score results and you will see a boat load of " DNF" under the rimfire division.

Bummer. :( I just saw a youtube vid of a similar event and the guy was having to double and triple tap to coax over even just the smaller plates. The larger ones might have well just been static steel. :lol:

Alec lies, bring your Ruger 10/22, I'll bring mine for Elvis, I'll even supply the ammo. :)

PS: I will use my Beretta though, I need a little kick in my shoulder to let me know I pulled the trigger and it actually fired. Those .22's, sometimes you just don't know if anything came-out.

Alec lies, bring your Ruger 10/22, I'll bring mine for Elvis, I'll even supply the ammo. :)

PS: I will use my Beretta though, I need a little kick in my shoulder to let me know I pulled the trigger and it actually fired. Those .22's, sometimes you just don't know if anything came-out.

take any advantage you can get

Correct, 9mm and 45acp are pistol calibers so they are ok, but 308/30.06 is most definitely a rifle caliber and not accepted. We shoot at steel plates that are 10 yards away; using a Garand would probably not be that safe. :lol: If you want to shoot your rifles competitively, look for a High Power match or a proper 3-gun match. at the various clubs in the tri-state area. I think every club probably has a high power match, but only a few do a 3-gun.

I was thinking like a tatical high power shoot, shooting steel plates and such. Im not sure we will find that stuff out here