gunguynj

.22 Lever Action rifle recommendations

I am thinking of picking up a lever action .22LR to compliment my .223 Tikka. Something I can just plink with and not stress out about cost of ammo or supreme accuracy. i was hoping to spend roughly 500 dollars but I am flexible to a degree. I have looked at the basics

-Marlin 39A

-Henry golden boy(new ones)

Any suggestions?

The one Henry I had a chance to checkout was sheet metal and not my cup of TEA. I would go with a Marlin 39A in good shape any day over the other.

If you don't have a semi-auto, I would suggest you get one of those first, unless you can pickup a Ruger 77/22 for a good price.

Henry Rifles are not sheet metal. Well, the Golden Boy and Octo-barrel models are not anyway. I do not know about the round barrel model.

I have a Golden Boy and love it.

I was at Ramsey Outdoor today and they have a Golden Boy .22lr .. it was really nice .. i think it was over $400 ..don't remember the exact price .. but they are sharp looking rifles..

I was at Ramsey Outdoor today and they have a Golden Boy .22lr .. it was really nice .. i think it was over $400 ..don't remember the exact price .. but they are sharp looking rifles..

Hehe..I called about it...and picked it up tonight. Way more than I wanted to spend on a plincking gun but hell...I had the urge I couldnt resist! I want to take it up to CR this week/weekend and knock off some rounds...Too bad they are closing it all day Saturday and then almost all the rifle ranges on Sunday for the first half of the day.

Hehe..I called about it...and picked it up tonight. Way more than I wanted to spend on a plincking gun but hell...I had the urge I couldnt resist! I want to take it up to CR this week/weekend and knock off some rounds...Too bad they are closing it all day Saturday and then almost all the rifle ranges on Sunday for the first half of the day.

That is why i passed on it.. to much for a plinking gun.. but it sure is nice looking.. i like that brass receiver a lot.. but didn't want to spend over $400 when it was it was going to get banged around and possibly nicked..

i wanted to get a regular Henry .22lr Lever Action so i can take out my nephew and teach him how to shoot..

they have my number, i'm waiting for the call for when they get a regular Henry in..

Ramsey in Paramus has a round barrel, large and small loop Henry for 279. Was there last nite.

C

Holy crap, really. They didn't say anything about it. I pass the Ramsey store on the way home from work every night. I didn't even think about the Paramus store. Thanks for the heads up.

I was thinking of getting a centerfire rifle but the cost of ammo is prohibitive. Thats why i went 22. now it makes me wish I would have gotten my Tikka in .308 since the .223 isnt much of a hunting rifle for anything substantial. A gun habit is an expensive one.

Just found this thread. The Henry Golden Boy looks great but I think I want the H001T (Octagon Barrel). I just held it at Efinger in Bound Brook and it felt really solid. They wanted $379, FYI.

The H001T felt better, 20" barrel. I believe they had a H001, shorter barrel (18.25" according to Buds), but I didn't hold that one. H001T can fire 22 S, L, and LR. H001 is only LR and also isn't the octagon barrel. Also is ~$100 cheaper.

If anyone has a H001T that is used and they're looking to sell, please PM me...