Underdog

Local Law Enforcement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0nTc1vMyiA&feature=related

Well I can only add 10 at a time, but I'd need at least another 18 posts for all the videos, most of them being of people being arrested for filming, or people being attacked by police. Ironic that a number of these are almost exactly like Jules scenario 3 to my hypothetical...but that was just an illustration right?

AlI can say is if your judging an entire profession by a few examples, then that is your right to do so. You dont have fain the police and the judicial system then dont call them when you need them. simple really.Some of those videos were examples of bad police, a few were examples of the police enforcing laws issued by the politicians and arresting people after being told they can not do something because a politician passed a law prohibiting it (Ie. feeding the homeless, selling lemonade I assume there was some law in place requiring them to have a permit to do so). I cant speak for all of them but I can speak for myself.

Pick up a 2C book and LE handbook and read over the sections for search and seizure. You will actually be surprised what is legal for the police to do that you though was illegal, such as placing handcuff on you without arresting you, or unholstering and pointing a firearm at someone to get them to comply with orders. Once again written by the AG of NJ.

Here is a link for you

http://www.odmp.org/.../year?year=2011

166 Cops killed in 2011

largest % was by gunfire.

http://www.odmp.org/.../year?year=2010

165 cops killed in 2010

largest % was by gunfire

http://www.odmp.org/.../year?year=2009

139 cops killed in 2009

Largest % was by gunfire

http://www.odmp.org/.../year?year=2008

152 cops killed in 2008

Largest % was by......You guessed it...Gunfire

I can keep going, you see the pattern here??

Perhaps you can tell me how many people in YOUR profession died from gunfire in the past 3 or 4 years?

Perhaps you can tell me how many people in YOUR profession died from gunfire in the past 3 or 4 years?

Since your numbers were not just gunfire, mine aren't either, but rather hostile activity in general.

2006- 918

2007- 1019

2008- 469

2009- 466

2010- 559

2011- 472

2012- 111

Oops, not what you were expecting...

And how many of those were killed by law-abiding, licensed gun owners? My bet is hardly any, if at all. Yet it is the law-abiding citizens who paying the price. After all, if you have something to take away, the government uses it as leverage to force you to "tow the line." Few rights, and a lot of inconvenience for law-abiding citizens, but yet the scum-sucking thugs and their families are fed, housed, educated and eventually incarcerated on our dime. They bleed society until the time of their demise, which is hopefully sooner than later.

Most law-abiding citizens don't want to see a police offer harmed, but that doesn't mean we don't hate some of the laws they are forced to uphold, made by self-serving politicians who's life-long ambition is to milk they system in a similar fashion to the thugs we despise.

AlI can say is if your judging an entire profession by a few examples, then that is your right to do so. You dont have fain the police and the judicial system then dont call them when you need them. simple really.Some of those videos were examples of bad police, a few were examples of the police enforcing laws issued by the politicians and arresting people after being told they can not do something because a politician passed a law prohibiting it (Ie. feeding the homeless, selling lemonade I assume there was some law in place requiring them to have a permit to do so). I cant speak for all of them but I can speak for myself.

Pick up a 2C book and LE handbook and read over the sections for search and seizure. You will actually be surprised what is legal for the police to do that you though was illegal, such as placing handcuff on you without arresting you, or unholstering and pointing a firearm at someone to get them to comply with orders. Once again written by the AG of NJ.

I'm not judging the profession. I'm giving thanks to the Constitution to ensure the police do not exceed their defined powers. I'm thankful for the police to put their lives on the line to protect the People.