Underdog

Local Law Enforcement

Not necessarily. If a private facility has a public event with admission policies with regards to photographing the event, he may be in violation of them and consequently guilty of trespass.

Or if the event is in a place with, for example, a permitting requirement for "professional" photography that uses possession of certain types of equipment as the deciding factor, he might be in violation if in possession of that equipment.

The real perv will just have a bridge camera with a 36x zoom, rather than an expensive hunk of glass that's like a 4x zoom but gathers lots of light.

I'm glad someone had the sense to clear up what the proper equipment is for a legit pervert

You should be asking the same form the people who feel they need to judge me and label me an elitist cause my opinion differs from theirs on a few topics..If we dont like NJ gun laws, move out of NJ its that simple and my opinion is we are not going to change a thing in this state, it only going to get more liberal and worse as time goes on.

Just think if that kind of opinion was the majority about 236 years ago.

I rather have check points at night rather then in the am or mid day. They don't bother me, as long as everything is legit I have no worries... I do get an occasional, why no front plates? I tell them, yellow looks ugly in the front, and smile, they tell me have a nice evening or morning depending the time...

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

I rather have check points at night rather then in the am or mid day. They don't bother me, as long as everything is legit I have no worries... I do get an occasional, why no front plates? I tell them, yellow looks ugly in the front, and smile, they tell me have a nice evening or morning depending the time...

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Well nice of you to tell us they let you off all the time on it, i myself had to put a plate on the front. My car is from PA so there wasnt a bracket, i had to go out and buy one.

I guess tinted windows and no plate was too much... :( I HATE the way front plates look on a car (well, at least mine)

I also dont really have an issue with these stops, esp with the no safety check at the DMV inspection anymore. We all know people dont do sh*t half the time unless they are forced to. It actually annoys me that they took away those inspections, risking the safety of people on the road, to balance the budget. But i guess in a 2nd sense it also let me keep my windows tinted...

Either way, doing this during rush hour stinks, but it is what it is i guess. I say keep doing it, but pick a different time of the day...

Just think if that kind of opinion was the majority about 236 years ago.

Well times have changed, technology has changed. Realistically, do you think people are going to have another civil war in the united states? i think we have evolved beyond that. Just for example, look at the occupy protests, whatever their agenda may be-have they realistically changed a thing??? Nope, the top 1% is still the top 1% and the rest of us all fall somewhere in between. The main stream media itself, which is owned by the top 1% BTW, does a good job antagonizing race and class separation with their skewed one sided reporting of the news and not the facts. The sooner we as Americans realize that we are all basically being controlled by the top 1% and there is nothing we can do about it, the quicker we can get on living our lives. I accepted the fact a long time ago that I will not make a difference in this world, and I just go with the flow now. I too however have my useless opinions.

a different tactic:

Maryland Cops Giving $1 To Drivers With Seatbelts

http://washington.cb...with-seatbelts/

Cool Idea, but reminds me of the social program the government started back in the lat 50's early 60's called Temporary Public Assistance, which today has apparently grown into a generational profession. With 43 million Americans on food stamps and welfare, i guess you can call that program a success. (sarcastically)

Cool Idea, but reminds me of the social program the government started back in the lat 50's early 60's called Temporary Public Assistance, which today has apparently grown into a generational profession. With 43 million Americans on food stamps and welfare, i guess you can call that program a success. (sarcastically)

+1 on the sarcasm. Our 'entitled' society that we have now will be the failure of America I fear...

+1 on the sarcasm. Our 'entitled' society that we have now will be the failure of America I fear...

x3

Well now your getting way too much into it. Were talking about Laws, not even policy on photography. The same laws that allow people to sit there and videotape cops on the street, allow perverts to video tape your kids at play...Think about it.

Hey, I'm into photography. There's situations where you can be tossed for something that would be legal on a sidewalk in the city. My scenario is based in reality, some venues regard all images of the event as licensed ot them and thus control who can and can't take photographs so they can get a contract signed. Those places will toss you on trespassing for violating the terms of your admission. You don't go and they will call the cops. Not because you are a perv, but because you are now trespassing.

In NYC, the second a tripod gets involved, you need a city permit for a "film crew" and the permit is for shooting at a particular location. The NYPD are the ones who are supposed ot enforce this.

Both examples ARE the law, actually.

Now here's a question for you. Your scenario, do you hassle the guy not breaking a law anyway?

Hey, I'm into photography. There's situations where you can be tossed for something that would be legal on a sidewalk in the city. My scenario is based in reality, some venues regard all images of the event as licensed ot them and thus control who can and can't take photographs so they can get a contract signed. Those places will toss you on trespassing for violating the terms of your admission. You don't go and they will call the cops. Not because you are a perv, but because you are now trespassing.

In NYC, the second a tripod gets involved, you need a city permit for a "film crew" and the permit is for shooting at a particular location. The NYPD are the ones who are supposed ot enforce this.

Both examples ARE the law, actually.

Now here's a question for you. Your scenario, do you hassle the guy not breaking a law anyway?

Both of your examples pertain to possible city ordinance violations, what Im asking relates to criminal activity with an old pervert photographing little girls at a public swim meet, and making an alarming statement. Do you think he is breaking the NJ criminal code 2C law by doing this? Im not talking about trespassing either, you know what Im refferring to?

As far as me, if I was called there by a concerned parent in regards to a suspicious man taking pictures of their kids, I would be neglegent of my duties if I did not at least make an inquiry into his actions that caused people alarm. Depending on his answers would determine the outcome of the situation, but he has a right to take photos of people in public so there would not be much anyone could do. Now if he was on the NJ Sex offender list and was prohibited from going near a school or children that would be a different issue.

"alarming behavior" is one aspect of Harassment so I would assume the parents would be entitled to file a harassment complaint against him in court which would get tossed, but other than that I dont see much anyone could do.

Unfortunately for you what you want does not matter...Do my job for a few years and you would feel the same way that your protecting the public from themselves..I have seen people do horrible things to one another and themselves, after a few years you tend to get very cynical about it. There are some people that should be required to pass a test and get a permit to reproduce...

Maybe, then, just as with politicians, law enforcement officers should be citizens that go on with their lives after doing a tour of the streets. Maybe there should not be career officers or politicians. There has to be a higher standard when you carry that badge and have that power; and if burn-out and cynicism are the norm, perhaps it's time for something new, or at least a vacation.

Besides it might do good for young adults to have a "tour of duty" after getting out of high school/college.

Maybe, then, just as with politicians, law enforcement officers should be citizens that go on with their lives after doing a tour of the streets. There has to be a higher standard when you carry that badge and if burn-out and cynicism are rampid, perhaps that is a partial solution.

Problem is, your "expected and required" to be a LE 24/7. Meaning if you witness a crime of any type of severity in progress your not only expected to act, but required to act when your off duty. If you take no action you can be charged disciplinary and criminally.

You never answered my question, but Ok Ill bite. 3 scenarios 1) There is absolutely nothing I could do if your actions did not pose an immediate threat to my safety or the occupants of my traffic stop, nor did it interfere with me performing my duties. I simply check my hair, wave and smile at you and the camera. 2) I simply pull out my camera phone and start video taping you until you get frustrated and walk away... 3)hopefully my traffic stop took place in front of a chemical plant or bridge and Therefore I can articulate how suspicious you looked filming the chemical plant and bridge in my presence so I decided to field check you as a precaution, you know with all the terrorist activity and what not. At the point you refused to answer me several times and produce a valid I.D. (keep in mind you are now the subject of an investigation of possible terrorist activity) I politely inform you that you will be arrested for Obstructing a governmental function if you do not comply with my lawful order to identify yourself and answer my inquiries. I then arrest you and take your camera into evidence and notify the FBI. :onthequiet: Most likely I would opt for #1 or #2 preferably #2 cause I have done it before and people hate being filmed for some reason. But this is just an illustration to show you that there is always a way to twist the law and the constitution for fit your agenda, as in the Westboro Baptist Church scum who hide behind the 1st and protest dead soldiers funerals..
I do respect and value honorable and professional police officers just as I do other non LEO individuals. I do not respect or value ANYONE, especially a LEO who wouild "twist" the constitution for any reason. I am certainly optimistic that officers who would do such a thing are in the minority.

I do respect and value honorable and professional police officers just as I do other non LEO individuals. I do not respect or value ANYONE, especially a LEO who wouild "twist" the constitution for any reason. I am certainly optimistic that officers who would do such a thing are in the minority.

Once again, for the selective readers...If you read the last line of what you quoted that I typed, it was for illustrative purposes to show you how the laws and rules can be twisted to fit any agenda necessary, and cowards can hide behind the Constitution everyone keeps quoting so often.

At any rate, only agenda driven instigators would stand there and videotape a cop doing his job. I can assure you if I walked into your office and started videotaping you at work, you would call the police on me...

Once again, for the selective readers...If you read the last line of what you quoted that I typed, it was for illustrative purposes to show you how the laws and rules can be twisted to fit any agenda necessary, and cowards can hide behind the Constitution everyone keeps quoting so often.

At any rate, only agenda driven instigators would stand there and videotape a cop doing his job. I can assure you if I walked into your office and started videotaping you at work, you would call the police on me...

I agree with you 100 percent, but... Only agenda driven cops need to be videotaped...

I have no issue with folks bringing up the constitution. It is, after all, The Supreme Law of The United States. That means something to me.

Anyway, Thanks for what you do.

I agree with you 100 percent, but... Only agenda driven cops need to be videotaped...

I have no issue with folks bringing up the constitution. It is, after all, The Supreme Law of The United States. That means something to me.

Anyway, Thanks for what you do.

I have no problem being videotaped, but the problem I have is a concern for my own safety. If I stop a car full of thugs and his buddies start to show up on the corner and hanging around pointing objects at me Im going to start to fear for my safety. People have some absurd illusion they can interfere with a cop lawfully doing his job without any repercussions. Perfect example is the person reaching into their pocket when the cop tell them "keep your hands where I can see them".

Not if I worked in a place where I had no expectation of privacy and was on public property.

I wouldn't call the police on you for taping me, I would call the police on you for tresspassing when you refused to leave voluntarily.

Hide behind the Constitution? The Bill of Rights is there to protect the People from from State and Federal oppression. Sorry if it gets in the way of you doing your job but one of its purposes is to limit police powers.

Hide behind the Constitution? The Bill of Rights is there to protect the People from from State and Federal oppression. Sorry if it gets in the way of you doing your job but one of its purposes is to limit police powers.

Sir,

People protesting dead US soldiers funerals and saying god hates fags, are cowards hiding behind the constitution that soldier died protecting....Yes, hiding behind the constitution...

That was not what our forefathers had in mind when they drafted the 1st amendment..

Sir,

People protesting dead US soldiers funerals and saying god hates fags, are cowards hiding behind the constitution that soldier died protecting....Yes, hiding behind the constitution...

That was not what our forefathers had in mind when they drafted the 1st amendment..

Actually its exactly what they had in mind. The point of the 1st is to prohibit the gov't from censoring those with opinions that diverge from the status quo.

Actually its exactly what they had in mind. The point of the 1st is to prohibit the gov't from censoring those with opinions that diverge from the status quo.

BIG +1

3)hopefully my traffic stop took place in front of a chemical plant or bridge and Therefore I can articulate how suspicious you looked filming the chemical plant and bridge in my presence so I decided to field check you as a precaution, you know with all the terrorist activity and what not.

Fortunately for the rest of us, this is where you lose your job, lose your immunity from civil action and get sued. This has happened so many times, even in NJ, lately that it's weird any cops would still try this stunt. You can take pictures of anything from public property. For a while cops were arresting people taking pictures of trains from public property, but at this point those cops have all spent enough time in court to learn their lessons.

I, for one, would love to be arrested by you for filming an arrest in front of a chemical factory or bridge. I'd love for my mortgage to be paid off and maybe a new Porsche. It would be annoying having to fight off all the attorneys looking to defend me, but I could manage.