GlockinNJ

School me on gun sales in NJ

I am in the market for a CZ-75B. Several retailers in NJ told me the same story - the gun is out of stock. I assume the retailers get their guns from regional distributors and the distributors are out of stock?

If that's the case, can I buy the gun online, or from PA and have it shipped to a local FFL, or are there restrictions to that in NJ?

Thanks!

Our distributors are all out of stock of those, and most other FFLs use the same/very similar distributors that all ultimately get them from CZ. If CZ doesnt put enough out...nobody gets 'em. If you find one online, you can have it shipped to any NJ FFL (such as us!) and pay a transfer fee + the NICS fee ($16, background check). We charge $40 + NICS for transfers and are located in Mendham, NJ.

Our distributors are all out of stock of those, and most other FFLs use the same/very similar distributors that all ultimately get them from CZ. If CZ doesnt put enough out...nobody gets 'em. If you find one online, you can have it shipped to any NJ FFL (such as us!) and pay a transfer fee + the NICS fee ($16, background check). We charge $40 + NICS for transfers and are located in Mendham, NJ.

Sounds good. I'll begin my internet search, but I think I'll need some luck. Most CZ-75B's come with a factory *16* round mag. I need to find the 10 rounders.

Search online and see what you can find. More times than once, I've been told by local dealers that an item is out of stock and can not be had, only to find online sources that were able to get the product and I'm not talking about them already having it in-stock.

Sounds good. I'll begin my internet search, but I think I'll need some luck. Most CZ-75B's come with a factory *16* round mag. I need to find the 10 rounders.

Option #2. Search Gunbroker.com and have the gun shipped to an FFL in New Jersey. The FFL can pin the magazines. I know Paul does it. I'm sure JET Agent will do it as well.

What? I'm from Mendham, is this running out of a residence or is there an actual store front? !! That's fantastic(ally convenient).

The CZ75B has been made for years. A good used example can be had very easily. Also, there are many very good copies, such as the EAA Witness, MRI Baby Eagle II, Armalite AR-24...so if you are set on a new weapon but can't find a CZ, those copies shoot just as nice (some nicer).

What are you looking to do with the gun?? USPSA?? and if so, are you looking at shooting Production, Limited or Limited/10 divisions???

What are you looking to do with the gun?? USPSA?? and if so, are you looking at shooting Production, Limited or Limited/10 divisions???

I don't really know, range fun I guess. I just want one! Do you have a specific suggestion regarding the CZ-75?

I now shoot GSSF with my Glock 22, but I would consider USPSA, either with the Glock or something else.

What? I'm from Mendham, is this running out of a residence or is there an actual store front? !! That's fantastic(ally convenient).

It's run out of the garage. John is great, and always good to BS with while waiting for NICS.

I don't really know, range fun I guess. I just want one! Do you have a specific suggestion regarding the CZ-75?

I now shoot GSSF with my Glock 22, but I would consider USPSA, either with the Glock or something else.

I was just looking to see if you were looking at USPSA and limited division. I am just about to pull the trigger on selling my limited CZ 75 Tactical Sport but that's not what I wold consider a range fun gun. While you could use it for that I feel it's more geared towards USPSA gun games and doesn't qualify for Production either being a SAO gun, and the cost would be a lot higher then a regular CZ 75 also.