Ron

New Purchase

Picked up my new Beretta 92A1 from A&A this afternoon. Paul was great to deal with, even though the state decided to take an extra day to run my NICS check, so I had to make 2 trips to the store, one Saturday and one this afternoon. I'm sure they'll refund me the .50 per mile, right?

Anyway, nice price from Paul, he got it in really fast for me since my pistol permit was about to expire. Came with 3 mags too, so I saved some cash there as well.

Now I just need to find a decent nightstand safe. Looking at the Microvault Mini, anyone have any experience with them?

post-5055-0-74579400-1340684761_thumb.jpg

Picked up my new Beretta 92A1 from A&A this afternoon. Paul was great to deal with, even though the state decided to take an extra day to run my NICS check, so I had to make 2 trips to the store, one Saturday and one this afternoon. I'm sure they'll refund me the .50 per mile, right?

Anyway, nice price from Paul, he got it in really fast for me since my pistol permit was about to expire. Came with 3 mags too, so I saved some cash there as well.

Now I just need to find a decent nightstand safe. Looking at the Microvault Mini, anyone have any experience with them?

I use the microvault MVB500 biometric version. Have several of them -- no issues. One caveat. This unit will only hold one gun and a spare mag.

I have the Fort Knox pistol box. I prefer it because it has a simplex combination lock. It is mechanical and doesn't require a battery. Plus, it's 5 button operation is easy to do in the dark. It will bolt to the floor, weighs about 25 pounds, and is sturdy as hell.

Right now i keep 2 autoloaders and 2 mags each in the box....I could fit at least one more in (hint hint), but I got the large box.

Check it out. I'm very happy with it.

Ok brief range report! 100 rounds, Federals and American Eagles,not one jam, FTF, FTE, stovepipe or anything. Grouping is ok at 10 yards, but that's just me getting used to it after getting spoiled with the Buckmark Camper! Grouped around 3/4" at 10 yards standing no rest. Going to put about 300-400 rounds through it to break it in before I start judging accuracy of the gun or the shooter though. Gotta get a mag loader, pushing these rounds in gts painful after only doing .22lrs and shotgun shells!