Barms

Bedside semi-autos.. condition 1 ?

I have young kids so the only thing I keep loaded out of the safe is a Louisville Slugger.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

They make all kinds of small safes for just your situation.

ALL GREAT GREAT FEEDBACK !!!

MCBETH: "John Browning was genius..." i love that.. you may have me convinced..

SMOKIN 50: That is sort of how i felt about it... (well not the part about giving my position away.. i'm in bed! lol..)

GRIZ: I don't "carry" my gun.. only rangetime for this newbie.. so the only process i know is load magazine-rack the slide-fire.. in less than one second. (i said that not to make a point of the time.. but when i'm at the range its just instinct now..)

REDBOWTIES: sometimes i wish i had a DA just for the nighstand situation..

And guys.. frankly, i can't remember the last time i used the safety.. ummm.. its like NEVER. My only time with guns is the range (bullet hole and RTSP).. and call me an idiot, but when does the safety ever get used at the range? I load my magazine, i fire them all.. then repeat.. I will self-deprecate myself and admit i'm a newb and i'm the classic desk-job guy who loves to shoot at the range.. I think i should practice some sort of drills that involve me using the safety more..

So in summary, since my life has only been load mag, rack, then fire... that's why i've been condition 3. But you guys have given me great info i might have to practice a different drill..

Such great feedback i am now going to become a paid subscriber..

I keep my 1911in cond 1in drawer next tO bed. As. Far as safety as soon as I'm done shooting a mag or evn just put gun down safety goes on just taught that way same if it's in the holster at matches at the line or not safety's on not that I use it as an excuse for bad handling just one more line of protection.

For those that don't know them -

Coopers Conditions of Readiness:

Condition 4: Chamber empty, no magazine, hammer down.

Condition 3: Chamber empty, full magazine, hammer down.

Condition 2: Round chambered, full magazine, hammer down.

Condition 1: Round chambered, full magazine, hammer cocked, safety on.

Condition 0: Round chambered, full magazine, hammer cocked, safety off.

These were written before striker fired pistols, but can still apply with some common sense. For example, you can't have condition 2 on any striker fired pistol. Condition 1 and 0 would be the same on a Glock (I consider the staging of the striker "cocked", for lack of a better term, even though I know it is not technically true) but both may or may not be applicable to a S&W M&P.

Bedside Pistola

126e34b4.jpg

85bf9877.jpg

G35 .40S&W with Surefire x300, Trijicon RMR02 milled into the slide, KKM Barrel, and suppressor height BUIS stored in a pistol safe bedside and in condition 1 - Full mag of 15 and one in the pipe.

An unloaded pistol makes for an expensive hammer, it may only cost you your life.

d/a revolver loaded, hammer down on empty cylinder

Unless you're revolver is very very old or some type of saturday night special it proably has some form for firing pin block and can be safely carried with one under the hammer.

even my 1956 S&w has this feature