shizzoizzo7

Pinning Stock Length?

I know this is slightly off topic, and I apologize.....however, this absolutely infuriates me about the state of New Jersey.

If your stock can be at any length, as long as the OAL of the rifle is in excess of 26", then WHY does it need to be pinned in the first place?

The lack of simple reasoning skills on our lawmakers part befuddles me.

I can't wait to move back to Tx.

Sorry for my rant. Carry on.

Jeff

keep in mind that "the shortest length it will go" might work out well for shooting squared off with body armor... but will probably be less than awesome when shooting other styles.. I shoot "move and shoot" with the stock fully collapsed on body armor and a chest rig...and its fine.. but when I am working a bench trying to be a little more precise I back the stock out quite a bit because my posture and all is different.. take into account your shooting style and how you intend to use the gun... and come up with the length that works best for you in most cases.. that is not normally totally closed or totally open...

I know this is slightly off topic, and I apologize.....however, this absolutely infuriates me about the state of New Jersey.

If your stock can be at any length, as long as the OAL of the rifle is in excess of 26", then WHY does it need to be pinned in the first place?

The lack of simple reasoning skills on our lawmakers part befuddles me.

I can't wait to move back to Tx.

Sorry for my rant. Carry on.

Jeff

Ha, just think, you can have 6 AR's with the stocks all pinned in different positions and be legal, but to own 1 AR with a stock that adjusts to 6 different positions is illegal.

Ha, just think, you can have 6 AR's with the stocks all pinned in different positions and be legal, but to own 1 AR with a stock that adjusts to 6 different positions is illegal.

I Know.... The level of stupidity of this law totally astounds me.