Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Christie says: STATES RIGHTS FOR GUN LAWS!!!

Like or not, there will be change coming to NJ with regards to our gun laws, so get ready, and keep an eye out.......

.....that being said.....

Looks like people are not happy with Christie taking the States Rights approach to gun laws. He firmly believes States have the right to decide their own gun laws, good or bad. We don't like him on this position because he doesn't support National CCW, we do like him because he doesn't support gun restrictions at the Federal level.

Just the opposite with the Brady Bunch, they LOVE him cause he doesn't support CCW, but say he's a tool of the evil gun lobby who wants blood to flow in the street like coffee from Dennis Henigan's coffee pot because he doesn't support a new Federal AWB......

“I think each state should have the ability to make their own gun laws, and the citizens of that state should have the ability to make their own gun laws,” [Christie] said.

To Dennis Henigan, vice president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Christie on Monday was navigating “a party that has become increasingly extreme.” Henigan sees this as a political “copout” strategy.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/STile_Christie_walking_fine_line_on_gun_control.html?c=y&page=1

What is scary....is that this article is starting to get traction with regards to NJ's AWB being riddled with holes:

http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/nation/colorado-massacre-shooter-couldve-bought-his-weapons-in-jersey

as you'll notice the northjersey.com article mentions it......

Personally I think the state assault weapon bans will eventually be found to be unconstitutional by the SCOTUS. Putting together the language from Miller, Heller and McDonald this should be a slam dunk if a case gets before the court, several of which are currently advancing. Banning possession of these weapons is at a minimum an infringement. I believe the current court said what it meant and will eventually become irritated with hearing case after case challenging the half measures implemented by the losing parties which barely pay lip service to the intent of their rulings.

Are semi-automatic weapons now assault weapons? Or are weapons that look like assault weapons now assault weapons? Is my kids AR-15 airsoft gun now an assault weapon because it looks like one?

I know I'm be a smart a**, but can we stop calling semi-automatic weapons assault weapons. We're not helping the general public understand the difference if WE can't even get it correct.

Are semi-automatic weapons now assault weapons? Or are weapons that look like assault weapons now assault weapons? Is my kids AR-15 airsoft gun now an assault weapon because it looks like one?

I know I'm be a smart a**, but can we stop calling semi-automatic weapons assault weapons. We're not helping the general public understand the difference if WE can't even get it correct.

Well, to be clear. An Assault Rifle is specifically an automatic rifle capable of selective fire that fires an intermediate cartridge.

An Assault Weapon is a made up moniker devised by the Brady Campaign and legislators to create a class of semi-automatic rifles that resemble their fully automatic counterpart...THE LIST!

Then, any rifle that fails the evil features list is....an ASSAULT WEAPON.

I have seen precious few on either side of the debate get it correct.

AR is not an abbreviation for Assault Rifle. It is an abbreviation of ARmalite.

They are just rifles. Plain and simple. The CMP sells military surplus rifles for competitive shooting. The CAR-15 is Colt's official modern competitive target shooting rifle. These are legitimate sporting arms even though they are similar in nature to military arms.

Looks like people are not happy with Christie taking the States Rights approach to gun laws. He firmly believes States have the right to decide their own gun laws, good or bad.

Remember, to Christie, states' rights means increasing gun restrictions in NJ.

I don't know where it is but if you look up Clarence Thomas's writings about the whole McDonald case he makes some very interesting points.

As he said, the McDonald case was a big headache for conservatives. Because on one hand, Conservatives generally support State's Rights and want minimal interference from the Federal Government in anything. Such as the Arizona immigration case, abortion, gay marriage, etc. the list goes on.

But in McDonald, a state/city was making insanely strict gun laws - as a "state's rights" kind of place has the power to do - and Federal interference was warmly welcomed.

They all have a hardon to get Victorian era technology banned from civilian use.

I'm sorry but I think saying semi-automatic weapons are Victorian era technology is a bit of a stretch. Yes there are semi automatics from that era but they were unwieldy, unreliable, extremely expensive and not in common use. Pump/Lever/Revolvers were the weapons of the day except for experimental stuff really.

The semi-automatic weapons these days are mostly 50's/60's technology with a few exceptions like the 1911, etc.

Even in WW2 the USA was the only major military even fielding a semi automatic as a main weapon in full use by ordinary troops. The other powers were still using bolt actions and IIRC the U.S. Marines still preferred bolt action Springfields over the Garand in WW2 as well.

I don't know where it is but if you look up Clarence Thomas's writings about the whole McDonald case he makes some very interesting points.

As he said, the McDonald case was a big headache for conservatives. Because on one hand, Conservatives generally support State's Rights and want minimal interference from the Federal Government in anything. Such as the Arizona immigration case, abortion, gay marriage, etc. the list goes on.

But in McDonald, a state/city was making insanely strict gun laws - as a "state's rights" kind of place has the power to do - and Federal interference was warmly welcomed.

This is the salient point. Up until about 1947 Freedom of Speech (1A) was a federal only right. Meaning that the federal gov't could not punish an individual for speech. States, however, could punish for prohibited free speech until SCOTUS ruled that freedom of speech applied to states, too. In the recent SCOTUS case, SCOTUS has declared 2A to apply to both state and federal gov't.

When it comes to national CCW reciprocity, states wants "states rights".

While we can never rest..Romney and Obama all stated this week there is no new gun control on horizon..even a govt website gave the lautenberg magazine bill only a 3% chance if even coming to a vote..lets give us owners some credit..were alot stronger than people think

Like or not, there will be change coming to NJ with regards to our gun laws, so get ready, and keep an eye out.......

.....that being said.....

Looks like people are not happy with Christie taking the States Rights approach to gun laws. He firmly believes States have the right to decide their own gun laws, good or bad. We don't like him on this position because he doesn't support National CCW, we do like him because he doesn't support gun restrictions at the Federal level.

Just the opposite with the Brady Bunch, they LOVE him cause he doesn't support CCW, but say he's a tool of the evil gun lobby who wants blood to flow in the street like coffee from Dennis Henigan's coffee pot because he doesn't support a new Federal AWB......

“I think each state should have the ability to make their own gun laws, and the citizens of that state should have the ability to make their own gun laws,” [Christie] said.

To Dennis Henigan, vice president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, Christie on Monday was navigating “a party that has become increasingly extreme.” Henigan sees this as a political “copout” strategy.

http://www.northjers...html?c=y&page=1

What is scary....is that this article is starting to get traction with regards to NJ's AWB being riddled with holes:

http://www.newjersey...apons-in-jersey

as you'll notice the northjersey.com article mentions it......

That article shows an M&P15-22. If he used a .22 6k rounds doesn't sound too far fetched.....