Sign in to follow this  
1HitCombo

XS Big Dot Sights

I have them on my G23 and like them for fast target acquisition. They are very effective in that regard. there is a Youtube video of James Yeager bending down and shooting up sid edown between his legs at 75 yards using them and hitting his target...so they must be accurate enough.

I have them on my G23 and like them for fast target acquisition. They are very effective in that regard. there is a Youtube video of James Yeager bending down and shooting up sid edown between his legs at 75 yards using them and hitting his target...so they must be accurate enough.

Fast target acquisition at *short distances*, yes, for that they are good. They didn't work for me for "long" distance.

I've seen the video, and I'm sure Yeager had lots of incentive to spend the time to practice and make that shot using those sights.

Fast target acquisition at *short distances*, yes, for that they are good. They didn't work for me for "long" distance.

I've seen the video, and I'm sure Yeager had lots of incentive to spend the time to practice and make that shot using those sights.

Ya Yeager "claims" he makes no money from them

As indicated they are specifically designed for fast target acqusition and really made to be on a fighting weapon i.e. carry gun. I love mine which is on a kimber ultra 45,and have no issues with it out to 25 + yards for good solid body hits, I plan on getting another for another 1911 that I trade off once in the while carrying. Main thing is install it, train with it and rember it is not a target sight. JMOP

I have a Big Dot on my G19. It's actually Ray Ray's old G19 mentioned upthread. Great for fast target acquisition, and dare i say it, "point" shooting. I'm pretty good with it (6" groups, including firing on the draw from a concealed holster) up to about 13-15 yds. Beyond that I'm not much of a shot with a Big Dot. I can shoot handguns reliably with 3 dot nightsights out to about 25-30yds. The BD is great for home defense, mediocre for a "service pistol," and downright poor for something like IDPA.

Clang hate to disagree but the "service pistol" is where this site system shines, cannot speak to IDPA but if it is designed to simulate defensive applications then it should work for that application as well. Fast target engagement ability to see the front site and utilize same during the use of the weapon yes beyond point shooting........... is exactly why this is a good choice for a combat arm i.e. service pistol. Point shooting or what should be correctly called instinctive can be accomplished sans any sight system. JMOP

Oh, yeah, I did try to use them in IDPA for 2 competitions, did much better when I switched them out for Truglo TFO's.

OP asked for opinions, I think he's got both sides - some people like them, some don't. What I'd recommend is to try them out but do not permanently affix them (Yeager used to recommend putting the rear sight on with red loctite on glocks, don't know if he still does) until you know you like them.