SgtToadette

My new BladeTech holster for Walther PPQ

Sgt,

Nice!, What model is that? Is that the Drark Earth? What Level? Does it have the teck loc attachment?

I just ordered - yesterday - the WRS Level 3 holster In dark earth for my Sig 1911 Traditional TacOps...

I was very lucky to find it...I tried all the majors and no one except Blade Tech would build me a holster for the Sig 1911.

-Joe

Let me go and fetch the link for you.

Here we go.

It is indeed the dark earth color. I wanted something a bit different than the standard black. There's no levers or hoods or anything to retain the pistol except the friction of the holster, so it's just a level 1 (if I recall the levels correctly). No tech lock on this model, just BladeTech's adjustable belt loop design that they title the 'Sting Ray Belt Attachment'.

Sgt, I ordered the dark earth also --- for a change from black --- also....

This is my first holster....It is Level 3...I think it will also operate in level 2....

I am wondering for USPSA and IDPA competition - which I am getting into soon --- I would be better served with a level 1 like you have?

-Joe

I'm not really sure of what IDPA allows and doesn't allow. There's a pretty lengthy section in the IDPA rulebook (.pdf warning) that covers acceptable holsters. I don't think they discriminate based on the level of retention, but you may find that having less steps in the draw to be in your advantage, though.

Ah, a good holster and a fine firearm SgtT. I just got a new one myself, the "Old Faithful IWB Holster". It will be for my Ruger SR9c. They are just like the Crossbreed Supertuck holsters, which is another quality product. What sold me on the Old Faithful was the option they give you of assembling the holster yourself and saving about 40 dollars depending on what "stage" you order. It took less then 30 minutes to make the holster and tailor it to what I liked (Retention, ride height, etc..) The kydex was even thicker than the Crossbreed. Anyone interested in a high quality product with simple mechanical skills, will surely love this option. It's basically, tapping tee-nuts in place and screwing the molded kydex into the leather. Here is the site for those that might be interested...... Oldfaithfulholsters.com.

BTW: It is a rewarding feeling making it yourself, as you will know your holster even better.