mcbethr

+1 Hagues

I always give a vendor credit when I have a positive experience.

I went to Hagues tonight with another forum member who was buying an M&P9c.

I mentioned some problems that I had with my PX4 Compact - how it occasionally failed to feed, which I attributed to limp-wristing. Dan asked to take a look at it. I had it in the car and brought it inside.

Nick took the whole thing apart, cleaned the entire gun, checked the extractor and lubed it up again. They didn't charge me a dime for this.

I put 80 rounds through my PX4 without a problem tonight. I usually get one or two failures to feed per range session, so maybe in addition to my limp-wristing, I'm under-lubing the rotating barrel.

Still, I had a very positive experience. Some people don't like Hagues because they feel that they are overpriced. I think that sometimes there is a big difference between price and value.

Glad you had a good experience there. Most of the chatter I hear on the forum about them seems negative based on their prices. I had a Beretta Cougar 8045 and I remember running that gun nice and wet to keep the rotating block working well.

I mentioned some problems that I had with my PX4 Compact - how it occasionally failed to feed, which I attributed to limp-wristing. Dan asked to take a look at it. I had it in the car and brought it inside.

Nick took the whole thing apart, cleaned the entire gun, checked the extractor and lubed it up again. They didn't charge me a dime for this.

I put 80 rounds through my PX4 without a problem tonight. I usually get one or two failures to feed per range session, so maybe in addition to my limp-wristing, I'm under-lubing the rotating barrel.

Still, I had a very positive experience. Some people don't like Hagues because they feel that they are overpriced. I think that sometimes there is a big difference between price and value.

You got that from them because your buddy had just grossly overpaid for his gun I'm expecting. Every single gun I've ever looked at in there was grossly more expensive then everywhere else, both online and brick-and-morter. The last Beretta's and Rugers's I looked at where $60 cheaper out the door at Buds in Glassboro. I just read you last sentance. Did you buddy acutally price shop or didn't he purchase this blindly? I guess there's a very small chance that Hague's was not terribly overpriced on this model, like they are on so many others.

Did you buddy acutally price shop or didn't he purchase this blindly? I guess there's a very small chance that Hague's was not terribly overpriced on this model, like they are on so many others.

No, there was price shopping done. The one from Hagues came with night sights which added about $100 to the price. I think it was $699, which I don't think is bad for one with Trijicon night sights and a 30 day membership to the range.

I've bought two guns there and was happy with them. The store looked bare, though. When I asked why, Dan said "The Election is cleaning us out."

No, there was price shopping done. The one from Hagues came with night sights which added about $100 to the price. I think it was $699, which I don't think is bad for one with Trijicon night sights and a 30 day membership to the range.

I've bought two guns there and was happy with them. The store looked bare, though. When I asked why, Dan said "The Election is cleaning us out."

Hauges has good knowledgeable people who are very helpful and give good information. I'll give them +100 on people, especially compared to some of the places here in NJ. But they are horrible when it comes to price.

MSRP on S&W's top-of-the-line M&P9c is $719, fully loaded with features. A good price for that pistol should come in around $600 w/ Crimson Trace. You can get M&P9c's with standard features for less than $500. Next time try Bud's online.

Hauges shows up as a local option every time I do a search on Gallery of Guns. They are always much higher than everyone else.

what do you work there?

ive been in there a couple times. they are a nice shop, clean and have a nice selection of guns on hand. but they are insane on thier pricing.

off the top of my head

box of american eagle .40 was $28 county sports charges $18

sig p250 compact .40 $750 i bought mine for $510 at ed's the same day i went to hauges

trl-1s $200 (advertised the other day) i bought mine for $100

i understand you need to make a profit but thats crazy

+1 zillion!

What good is price if the gun don't function?

I grow tired of reading all of the posts about how expensive this place or that place is. In my 40+ years of shooting I've come to understand, like you, that there is VALUE in paying retail, and that VALUE is superior service! Now you have a gun that WORKS, and a lesson in how to properly care for it! If your life depended on that gun functioning, how much would that service be worth to YOU? (I say this for the non-believers, not you whom I quoted).

Sometimes reading all of this "How much did you pay, I can get it cheaper" drabble gets my goat. Shooters in general are so cheap, if it costs them a nickel to take a crap, they'd rather stick their finger down their throats to make themselves puke! I think it's just like crawling under the restroom stall door instead of putting the dime in! In the long run, your knees gets dirty........

i pay a little extra for some stuff so i can go through a local dealer rather then ordering it online alot. but look at the mark ups i posted. thats just highway robbery. the staff is very friendly and helpfull but they need to come down to earth with their pricing. its not like other gun shop arent helpfull either. when i see a mark up like that i feel they are just trying to take advantage of the customer. i dont bad mouth them on their facebook page but i sure dont recommend them to people either. now if thier gunsmith was known to be the best so they charged more for service i can understand that. but a flash light is just a flashlight

b48db429.jpg

As weird as this sounds, I've never ordered gun stuff on-line. I've picked-up the phone and called my regular guys at the stores I deal with and had them ship me the things I've needed.

Buying a flashlight at a gun shop is like thinking you're getting a gormet Italian meal at a Greek Diner! Buy the flashlight @ Wallyworld and save the drama......

i agree about flashlights but with a weapon light its different. the ability to see it on your firearm before you buy is nice. you cant walk into walmart carrying an ar. ive been using county sports now. its a small shop that is actually in the guys house. he has a nice stock and is super helpful. ive been bringing all the new shooters i bring into the sport to him to buy their first guns. hagues lost me as a customer when i was shopping for my first pistol and they wanted 50% more then ed's gun shop for my sig. i only stop in there if im on 295 and need something like targets real fast.

I've bought a few guns from them, and as far as I'm concerned, they seem to be nice enough and knowledgeable enough. Their prices used to be much better, but it seems like the last 5 years they have been slowly gouging deeper and deeper. But, I guess as long as people keep buying from them, they must be doing something right.

I bought my XD45 from them for $600, my Kimber Compact Stainless II for $800, my Mossberg 500A (used) for $125, and my Bushmaster AR for, I think, $800. Last purchase from them was at least 5 years ago...

I don't understand how someone can argue the value in paying more for service when you are buying products in the box. A S&W M&P9c is a S&W M&P9c whether you get it from Bud's or pay $100 extra to get it from Hauges. Hauges can get a bad one just as easily as Buds. And, if it don't work, Haugues is not going to take it back or fix it for you. You will be dealing with S&W. Same for ammo. I can buy a box of 50 American Eagle 9mm on sale from Natchez for $9.99. I won't get any different American Eagle ammo from Hauges, so why would I pay $19.99? Better service? I'd rather have 2 boxes of ammo.

Sean,

No, they were Hague's by that point.

TheDon,

I see value in paying extra for better service, but I don't think you get that at Hague's. I think I get much better service dealing with PK90, and his prices are cheaper to boot!

i pay a little extra for some stuff so i can go through a local dealer rather then ordering it online alot. but look at the mark ups i posted. thats just highway robbery. the staff is very friendly and helpfull but they need to come down to earth with their pricing. its not like other gun shop arent helpfull either. when i see a mark up like that i feel they are just trying to take advantage of the customer. i dont bad mouth them on their facebook page but i sure dont recommend them to people either. now if their gunsmith was known to be the best so they charged more for service i can understand that. but a flash light is just a flashlight

It wouldn't matter if you did, since negative posts get removed right away. On several occasions I posted asking them about their prices and each of my posts/comments were removed. If you want to praise them and tell Dan how great he is, they let you post to your heart's content. That's why you'll never see a questionable or negative comment on their FB page.

It wouldn't matter if you did, since negative posts get removed right away. On several occasions I posted asking them about their prices and each of my posts/comments were removed. If you want to praise them and tell Dan how great he is, they let you post to your heart's content. That's why you'll never see a questionable or negative comment on their FB page.

That's interesting, I didn't know they did that. I don't really agree with it either, but hey, its their Facebook page.....