Jfoster99

Purchased 2 guns from Meltzers tonight

I got a Ruger LCP .380 list price was $339 got it for $319 plus tax and nics

Also got a spare Mag list was $29.99 got it for $26.99

Put a down payment on a NAA .22 Mag with conversion cylinder, barrel 1 1/8"

List was $289 got it for $269. They have to order it.

Basically they were not budging on price until I offered to get multiple guns.

Everything was great service wise.. Only small complaint was when I ask them to demonstrate how to take down the Ruger. They basically so no at first. The salesman did not know how. We had already worked out the price and I said I was buying it so I said I can buy a gun with out seeing how it takes down. He then took out the manual and fumbled thru it for me.

post-5151-134490400568_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on your new acquisitions. Good luck with them. What are your plans for them? Working on a CCW permit?

I have the CCW permits already and have carried

My G27 and NAA guardian .380.

The G27 is to big. The NAA Guardian .380 was too heavy. When I got it 10 years ago it was the motts for CCW... Times have changed. The Ruger LCP is half the weight and the same size. Then NAA .22mag Mini is for the days I just don't feel like carrying a gun. I have no excuse not to at least have that..

I'll still carry the G27 if I was going to a bad area or out late at night but the guardian is headed to the safe.

Oh I forgot to mention he put the gun in a plastics grocery type shopping bag, tied it closed and sent me on my way... I ask if this was legal.. He said sure... Just keep it in the trunk driving home....

I alway knew the statute says "securely tied package"... Just never thought I would be taking advantage of it.... I'm more of a locked box kind of guy.

I alway knew the statute says "securely tied package"... Just never thought I would be taking advantage of it.... I'm more of a locked box kind of guy.

The old Navy Arms was the only one who knew about the 7 day waiting period, which is now moot......................................

What 7 day waiting period?. I did not know there evere was one either.

It's buried in a sentence that says a dealer can't deliver a weapon until seven days have passed since the application for the P2P, probably part of the original Sills law.

40 years ago you could get caught up in that.

Oh I forgot to mention he put the gun in a plastics grocery type shopping bag, tied it closed and sent me on my way... I ask if this was legal.. He said sure... Just keep it in the trunk driving home....

Silly question, but the gun was in the factory plastic box right? If so, then it sounds reasonable to me. If it was literally the gun in a plastic bag, that's pretty ghetto, lol. :D

I carried my purchases directly out the door to my car in the factory plastic box, nothing else.

Unless you bring your own case from home, when you leave Meltzer's with any used longarm that doesn't have its original case (most don't,) they provide a clear plastic sleeve for your firearm. They've been doing it that way since I can remember.