NJScott

Who Needed Jerry Cans?

I recall seeing someone posting that they were looking for metal, mil spec Jerry Cans. I just don't have time now to search for it. Anyway, the latest Sportsmans Guide has them listed, so check it out or check out their website: www.sportsmansguide.com

Major surplus had them on sale too. 19.95 for a 10 gal new can.Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HDTypos courtesy Apple...

19.95 for a 5Liter can (1.3gal)

24.95 for a 10 Liter (2.5 gal)

$32.95 for a 20Liter (5 1/4 gal)

That is, if we are talking about majorsurplus.com

"Not to be sold in the following States: CA, CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT and City of Dallas, TX"

BOOOO!!!! :)

Now why the fook cant you buy a freaking can in NJ? Wtf.. Because its green?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

They have two assault features, making them assault cans. BANNED IN NJ

Yea, and if they are plastic, they won't show up on metal detectors at airports. Nasty old cans! Dang!

Threaded barrel and pistol grip.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

"Not to be sold in the following States: CA, CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT and City of Dallas, TX"

BOOOO!!!! :)

All these states require that gas cans emit no vapor, which is why new gas cans have those spring loaded spouts on them that have to be pushed into the gas tank of the machine you're filling with gas. It's another "save the planet" regulation that doesn't work. The spouts last about a month or less with everyday use and then break, which causes them to spill gas all over the machine you're trying to fill, which defeats the purpose of no vapor emissions. Even when they work properly, when filling most small engines, you need to pull the spring loaded nozzle back by hand and pour the gas in like you did before they had these style spouts because the gas tanks are too small to fill them when the nozzle is used as intended.

All these states require that gas cans emit no vapor, which is why new gas cans have those spring loaded spouts on them that have to be pushed into the gas tank of the machine you're filling with gas. It's another "save the planet" regulation that doesn't work. The spouts last about a month or less with everyday use and then break, which causes them to spill gas all over the machine you're trying to fill, which defeats the purpose of no vapor emissions. Even when they work properly, when filling most small engines, you need to pull the spring loaded nozzle back by hand and pour the gas in like you did before they had these style spouts because the gas tanks are too small to fill them when the nozzle is used as intended.

God I hate those stupid things. Every one of them that I've bought broke within a week of use.

God I hate those stupid things. Every one of them that I've bought broke within a week of use.

The squeezy handle type don't break too quickly, but since you need 3 hands with most small equipment, they still spill tons of fuel. By the time I finish off a 5 gallon can, I wouldn't be surprised if a gallon wound up on the ground. That's so much better than the cup or so of gasoline that might evaporate from the old style cans.