Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Just got - LnL Case Feeder - missing parts :(

Just got the case feeder from the fedex guy today, along with my small pistol plate for it. I started following the assembly instructions, low and behold, I get to step two and there are two critical parts missing. I checked high and low over and over again, yup they just arent in there.

Needless to say very frustrating. Now I have to spend the time calling Hornaday and double checking everything else to be sure I'm not missing anything else.

Just had to vent....

Read thru the rest of the directions and look at the pictures. The parts may not be needed.

When I was assembling my LNL the instructions kept talking about an ejection wire and for the life of me I couldn't find it.

Finally figured out the instructions were for an older model and mine didn't have/need it/

Read thru the rest of the directions and look at the pictures. The parts may not be needed.

When I was assembling my LNL the instructions kept talking about an ejection wire and for the life of me I couldn't find it.

Finally figured out the instructions were for an older model and mine didn't have/need it/

Thats what I was thinking too

The

Pete, wow you rock. I saw something about "don't follow these steps" unless you have a really really old LnL.. which mine is fairly new. I have screw holes into the back of the lnl the square tube fastens to. I don't need the "missing parts" which are the tube brackets.

OK, i'll double check all the instructions now to be sure I'm not following the older model ones. Bit confusing as they should have just made two manuals, but I guess with cost cutting etc... you know.

If it's EZ-Ject, the old ejection system is gone. It is the only part they changed i believe.. They throw updates as loose paper in the manual. So they are probably using up the manuals they already printed.

The new eject system is actually nothing more then a few strategically cut places on the shell plate and below it, there are no parts for it..

What accessories did you get? sounds like your setting up an auto loader..

If it's EZ-Ject, the old ejection system is gone. It is the only part they changed i believe.. They throw updates as loose paper in the manual. So they are probably using up the manuals they already printed.

The new eject system is actually nothing more then a few strategically cut places on the shell plate and below it, there are no parts for it..

What accessories did you get? sounds like your setting up an auto loader..

Yup auto case loader, as I updated my post above, turns out the manual shows instructions for both the old and new style mounting of the case auto loader system. I just have to be sure to skip the "old" model instructions. I'm going to get back to setting her up shortly!

Yup, ez-ject FTW. Been using the LnL for 8 months now, works great, and is the latest version. Now to get this case feeder working should speed up reloading quite a bit. Seems from the feedback here it is well worth it.

FWIW, Hornady has always been very good about sending me parts if/when something doesn't act like it should. For instance, when I started loading .223 on the L-N-L, every so often a piece of brass would roll crimp itself while activating the powder measure - I think it had to do with the force required to cut my stick powder being too much for the case mouth to bear. I told Hornady about the problem and they sent a modified 22 cal powder sleeve, that had a little lip machined right at the bottom of the funnel portion, so the force of the case would push directly upward instead of rolling inward. This solved the problem entirely.

I've also found that RCBS and Redding have been quick to send misc parts free of charge, whenever I've had problems. Good to see companies willing to stand behind their products.

You still actually have missing parts. Unless they started telling you ahead if time the feeder isn't for older presses, those bits are SUPPOSED to be in there. Hornady has gotten pretty bad with missing parts. The last three things I have purchased from them (other than spare parts) have been missing parts.

So yup then it was missing those parts needed to attach the case feeder to an older press. Also, one of the allen head bolts looked different from the others yet was needed in the same manner as the others, was shorter, but still worked.

Good news is, the auto case feeder is all installed, tuned, and ready to pump out some 9mm. :)

It looked very "mouse-trap" in the way it works, but surprisingly it does the job and works like a champ!

Dan,

TWO things.....real world....I just added one to my LNL as well...OK here you go...

ONE you may need to adjust the hopper and/or make a cardboard extender to allow the case to drop consistently in the tube...there is a youtube video on it...I had to do that...right now it is a pice of cardboard...I am goign to fab some kydex for it..

ALSO I noticed that when my promer tube is filled the plastic rod that sits on top of the primers...on FULL stroke tends to bind on the hopper..so I took some 12G wire and made a guide ring to keep the platic rod as nearly vertical as possible to keep it off of hitting the hopper...looks funky but works....

I love mine....