BlueLineFish

P6 vs p228

You need to differentiate whether you mean the "old" P228 with a carbon steel folded slide, or compare the "new" P228 (M11) with the monolithic SS slide.

If you are talking the folded slide, then you are basically talking single stack vs. double stack and then the determinate factor would be ergonomics - which feels better to you.

P6's were sold pretty cheaply when they were plentiful - for a more "apples to apples" comparison, it would be a P225 vs. a P228. P6's were noted for their heavier triggers (these were police guns) and in the early ones, problematic feeding of HP bullets.

The "new" P228 is essentially an "unrailed" P229.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

the difference in width is marginal - I was investigating the same thing about 8-12 months ago. Got someone on the SigForum to post the comparison pics of the P228 and P225/P6. In the end I decided the P228 was the better choice in my view.

TheWombat

Held both back to back at a gun show...like someone else said, there didn't seem to be much of a width difference. The P228 is a little chunkier, but all the other dimensions are the same. Given the availability of cheap 15 round mags from MecGar for the P228 vs being stuck with 8 rounds for the P6, I'd go with the 228...in fact I did purchase one a while back and love it.

i-bcnFjm8-L.jpg

i-2hFBpZW-L.jpg