springfieldxds

Meltzers sporting goods

Ok so I purchased a new handgun online and im using Meltzers to do the transfer, the gun will probably get there on Saturday

Now the problem is I don't get to take possession of it until october 10th so my question is, is Meltzers a reputable place?

Im just feeling a little uneasy about leaving a handgun stored there for so long

basically I just get a little worried they'll just throw it in with the rest of the guns in the safe and maybe scratch it or put it out on display or something

I know im getting worried for nothing I just feel uneasy with someone else holding on to something of mines

And what makes it worse is im not working on Saturday and the reason I picked Meltzers is because they're really close to my work but I live an hour from my work so if I want to come in to check it out on Saturday when it gets in I have to drive down from home

Lastly do ffl open the package when they get it in to check it out or do they wait for you to get there and open it

Thanks

They are reputable as to where they will safely hold onto your gun until you pick it up.

Put last I checked their transfer fees were pretty high.

And yes they usually open it so they can start the paperwork and record the numbers in their book.

I'm pretty sure they open the box to verify the gun and the gun's serial number before they log it in.

Your gun will be safe, BUT I recommend you look around for a different FFL to do future transfers.

Meltzers charges much more than other local FFLs to do a transfer.

I had a glock sent to them from the factory and they held it for a month while I waited for my permits. They are very trustworthy.

Only issue is they charge $66 for transfer, $50 FFL fee + $16 NICS check. I didn't like that, but I was on a deadline to get the glock.

I had a letter from a trade show for a free glock, and had a couple days to send it in.

But they didn't mess with it, it was exactly the same serial number the factory said they sent.

Where do I get one of those?

Lol. Was a gift from a friend who works the trade shows. Glock gave him 5 of those letters. He gave them to a few friends that like pistols. He is a hunter and only buys long guns so it was no use to him.

It was nice though, I got a G22 gen4.

Lol. Was a gift from a friend who works the trade shows. Glock gave him 5 of those letters. He gave them to a few friends that like pistols. He is a hunter and only buys long guns so it was no use to him.

It was nice though, I got a G22 gen4.

A free handgun......... it just doesn't get any better than that.

A free handgun......... it just doesn't get any better than that.

No it does not. Lol. It was pretty cool. I had a choice of pretty much any glock. There were a few I has to pay "upgrades" toward, like the .45's and 10mm, but I was good with a .40. I like the .40 round anyway. And they would have added night sights and a couple other things for a fee.

Whenever he does the shows, I'm going to see if he gets any more. Lol.

No it does not. Lol. It was pretty cool. I had a choice of pretty much any glock. I'm guessing the Glock 18 was out of the question :p

Whenever he does the shows, I'm going to see if he gets any more. Lol. Well.......... if your not sure what to do with them, I can help you with that problem. :D