Piranha21

Where to find selections of 9mm ammo?

I live in the Deptford area ... Want to try some different ammo to see what I like best for 9mm (hd). All I come across is Hornady critical duty/defense. Anyone know of any shops in my relative area fr some other choices? I had found this list. And would like to try some of

them... Barnes XPB 115 gr JHP (copper bullet)

Federal Tactical 124 gr JHP (LE9T1)

Federal HST 124 gr +P JHP (P9HST3)

Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +P JHP bonded (GSB9MMD)

Speer Gold Dot 124 gr JHP

Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P JHP

Winchester Partition Gold 124 gr JHP (RA91P)

Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)

Winchester Ranger Bonded 124 gr +P JHP (RA9BA)

Winchester Ranger-T 127 gr +P+ JHP (RA9TA)

Federal Tactical 135 gr +P JHP (LE9T5)

Federal HST 147 gr JHP (P9HST2)

Remington Golden Saber 147 gr JHP (GS9MMC)

Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP

Winchester Ranger-T 147 gr JHP (RA9T)

Winchester 147 gr bonded JHP (RA9B/Q4364)

Thanks for any info...

Unless you have a lot of moolah to work with, I'd suggest picking about 4-6 off that list that had positive results on the FBI's ballistics list or whatever it is and start with them. If you even just bought 1 box of everything on that list, it will get very pricey.

Also, it will be very difficult to find most of those at any local retailer. They will probably have the Sabers, Gold Dots, and possibly Hydrashocks. I hate always pointing to the internet, but for this specifically, it will be much easier to just buy a bunch of boxes off a reputable online retailer.

I have found that you really gotta buy ammo online. You will spend a lot less that way. Gold dot's and windchester ranger (in both 9 and 40) were liked by all of my guns. Keep a look out online for 50 round boxes, those 20 and 25 round ones end up costing you more from what i have seen.

I live in the Deptford area ... Want to try some different ammo to see what I like best for 9mm (hd). All I come across is Hornady critical duty/defense. Anyone know of any shops in my relative area fr some other choices? I had found this list. And would like to try some of

them... Barnes XPB 115 gr JHP (copper bullet)

Federal Tactical 124 gr JHP (LE9T1)

Federal HST 124 gr +P JHP (P9HST3)

Remington Golden Saber 124 gr +P JHP bonded (GSB9MMD)

Speer Gold Dot 124 gr JHP

Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P JHP

Winchester Partition Gold 124 gr JHP (RA91P)

Winchester Ranger-T 124 gr +P JHP (RA9124TP)

Winchester Ranger Bonded 124 gr +P JHP (RA9BA)

Winchester Ranger-T 127 gr +P+ JHP (RA9TA)

Federal Tactical 135 gr +P JHP (LE9T5)

Federal HST 147 gr JHP (P9HST2)

Remington Golden Saber 147 gr JHP (GS9MMC)

Speer Gold Dot 147 gr JHP

Winchester Ranger-T 147 gr JHP (RA9T)

Winchester 147 gr bonded JHP (RA9B/Q4364)

Thanks for any info...

Well....you say your home range is Bob's Little Sport Shop...I suggest talking to Bob.

You can hit quite a few of those at a Walmart in PA. They really upped their game on defensive calibers a couple years ago. They got a lot of the trendy stuff like Corbon and PDX, and a smattering of the traditional Federal and Winchester. The question is, which Walmart. Selection varies. I don't live down that way. There are also a lot of indoor ranges in PA down that way.

Some of those rounds have a large hollow point cavity, and may not chamber a round in certain hand guns. If you have a sig go to the sig form and look for info on best hd ammo for that certain firearm. It may save you a few bucks. Run a box or two down the pipe to make sure there are no feeding issues. You also didn't list any Corbon ammo. Online vendors are the cheapest for hd ammo.

I bought one box of each (or most of them) from the Internet suppliers, seemed to be good, to try on MrsWombat's EMP. Many of them come in boxes of 20 or 25.

I still personally prefer Speer Gold Dot +P and it gives good results on the expansion tests. You can get the 50 round boxes (LE) for a somewhat sensible price.

TheWombat

midway is also an excellent supplier that will stock alot.

http://www.midwayusa...ensionid=15422

on sale this is a great buy..i will have to look and see if they have it in .45

http://www.midwayusa...point-box-of-25

self defense link to midway 102 holy cow.. this is just 9mm i would like to see their ammunition warehouse..

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?sortby=1&itemsperpage=20&newcategorydimensionid=15424&

midway is also an excellent supplier that will stock alot.

http://www.midwayusa...ensionid=15422

on sale this is a great buy..i will have to look and see if they have it in .45

http://www.midwayusa...point-box-of-25

self defense link to midway 102 holy cow.. this is just 9mm i would like to see their ammunition warehouse..

http://www.midwayusa...ensionid=15424

i was under the impression that midway didn't sell to jersey residents anymore. did something change?

anyway, hornady critical defense has great reviews.. its what i keep loaded in my 92fs. i've never shot balistics gelitan with it or anything so i can't tell you from first hand, but most everyone i've talked to thinks highly of them.

i was under the impression that midway didn't sell to jersey residents anymore. did something change?

anyway, hornady critical defense has great reviews.. its what i keep loaded in my 92fs. i've never shot balistics gelitan with it or anything so i can't tell you from first hand, but most everyone i've talked to thinks highly of them.

Yesterday I just tried to buy two extra mags for my new Bodyguard 380 along with two boxes of .380 SilverTips and Midway shot me down for not being able to ship handgun ammo to NJ. Did I mention I hate this f-ing state...

Yesterday I just tried to buy two extra mags for my new Bodyguard 380 along with two boxes of .380 SilverTips and Midway shot me down for not being able to ship handgun ammo to NJ. Did I mention I hate this f-ing state...

yeah this place sucks. one day i will get out, till then i will be moving "forward" with NJ... :facepalm:

ammunitiontogo.com is the best that I've found online for defensive ammo. It was the only place that I was able to find Federal EFMJ, which some think would not be considered a hollowpoint or dum dum bullet under NJ law. Good prices and many varieties of self-defense ammo, in particular harder to find ammo marketed to law enforcement.

SGAmmo has 50 round boxes of Speer Gold Dot (.45 ACP 185gr, 200gr +P and 220gr plus 9mm 124gr and 124gr+P) etc. The 50 round boxes work out much much cheaper. Speer Gold Dot +P is used by many of the police forces.

e.g.

50 rd box - Speer Gold Dot 9mm 124 +P LE Hollow Point 53617 - $25.95 each

50 rd box - Speer Gold Dot 45 Auto +P 200GR GDHP Ammo 53969 - $31.95 each

Many other retailers sell the 20 round boxes for close to that price.

Worth considering Gold Dot, it is legal to use at the home or at the range in NJ.

The problem I find with ammoseek is that a number of the more common places are not listed. I typical find SGAmmo, AmmunitionToGo, TargetSportsUSA and Natchez Shooters Supplies consistently offer good pricing. I just check which is cheaper for what I am after - and then just check on AmmoSeek if anyone can beat it.

TheWombat