oneshot

Suggest scope rings

My preferred rings...

http://swfa.com/TPS-...ings-C2714.aspx

Maybe just because I'm lazy and don't like to lap if I don't have to. LOL.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob look at the Burris no lapping there either, though I think lapping is unmnecessary in most cases.

Bob look at the Burris no lapping there either, though I think lapping is unmnecessary in most cases.

I have those Burris rings on my one AR. Had TPS when I had a 1" tube scope mounted (now 30 mm). I also have 30 mm TPS rings on my Howa Axiom .308.

I don't like to mark my scope tubes if I can help it. Both the Burris and the TPS are a means to that end.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Rings alone on the AR platform are generally not enough and for 2 reasons. The first and foremost is offset; proper mounting of a traditional scope on an flat top AR upper receiver requires the scope to be mounted such that the rear ocular be about flush with teh charging handle. This means the scope body will hang over the front of the receiver beyond where the rail ends. There are one-piece, offset mounting from companies like American defence, Bobro, Larue, Burris, etc that combine a high mount, plus enough offset. The second issue is height. Ar's generally need to have the scope mounted high, not for clearance of the scope, but for the ergonomics of your own noggin (Call it nogginomics, lol). If the optic is mounted too low, you have to smash your face down really low and roll your head down to get your eye to line up--not very comfortable. As an alternative to a 1-piece mount, you can get a simple cantilever extended rail riser that mounts to your receiver, then use a traditional set of med-high rings depending on the riser height.

here is the solution i use. Its a generic offset riser with a set of good Burris Signature Zee rings (i forget the height) with the self centering nylon insert. You can see how much the scope hangs over the front and why you need that extra rail length.

IMG_2264.JPG

Rings alone on the AR platform are generally not enough and for 2 reasons. The first and foremost is offset; proper mounting of a traditional scope on an flat top AR upper receiver requires the scope to be mounted such that the rear ocular be about flush with teh charging handle. This means the scope body will hang over the front of the receiver beyond where the rail ends. There are one-piece, offset mounting from companies like American defence, Bobro, Larue, Burris, etc that combine a high mount, plus enough offset. The second issue is height. Ar's generally need to have the scope mounted high, not for clearance of the scope, but for the ergonomics of your own noggin (Call it nogginomics, lol). If the optic is mounted too low, you have to smash your face down really low and roll your head down to get your eye to line up--not very comfortable. As an alternative to a 1-piece mount, you can get a simple cantilever extended rail riser that mounts to your receiver, then use a traditional set of med-high rings depending on the riser height.

here is the solution i use. Its a generic offset riser with a set of good Burris Signature Zee rings (i forget the height) with the self centering nylon insert. You can see how much the scope hangs over the front and why you need that extra rail length.

IMG_2264.JPG

This setup is for an AR30 Bolt action 308. I mounted my nikon with low rings just to see how it sat. I clearly need medium height rings to accommodate the 50mm

You are right the scope was so low i had to "smash" my face and cock my noggin to get a good picture. I think the rail has enough length. I got a pair of burris extremetactical 30mm rings ,Ill see how they work when i get my scope on monday

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/485115/burris-30mm-signature-zee-weaver-style-rings-matte-high

This is the only way to go. They are self aligning w/ a synthetic insert. Often out of stock and pricey but so is your rifle and glass.

I have a set of those rings for sale if you want to buy them.