LeadHead732

Changed address. Need a new FID?

just moved recently (same town, same apartment complex, just new address) havent made a purchase recently but ive wondered will it be a problem with my current card not matching my DL. will i have to go through the process again or will the PD be able to just update my info and give me a new card?

-Roger

Oh, man... sounds like a great test case. A right delayed is a right denied.

"Your honor, my client moved into an apartment 100 feet away from the one he previously resided in and he lost his right to purchase firearms and ammunition for 30 days."

This just goes to show you that the NICS system is old, flawed, and just inconveniences the law-abiding.

A few months back we moved to a different address in the same zip code, but a different municipality. Since your DL must match your FID to buy anything, we went to change our address on FID. We had to fill out all the paperwork as if we were applying for FID for the first time (except for fingerprints). It took a month and we got new FID cards with the new address. Same paperwork...the long form (checked off 3 pistol permits while going to all that trouble), mental health check, two references, ALL of it.

not happy, just called old bridge and was told i need to do the whole process over again. paperwork, prints, the whole routine. doesnt seem right for literally moving less than 100 yards. :keeporder:

Well then you have to start and get rid of Lautenberg and Menendez first!

not happy, just called old bridge and was told i need to do the whole process over again. paperwork, prints, the whole routine. doesnt seem right for literally moving less than 100 yards. :keeporder:

I just moved too. Still in Old Bridge just across town. This sucks!

Not to mention how much of a pain it is since Old Bridge only accepts applications a few hours on certain days. I'm actually moving out of Glenwood apartments to my new house in Howell this week, so hopefully ill be changing my address for the last time.

Well then you have to start and get rid of Lautenberg and Menendez first!

the lady at the record dept understood my frustration and said its what the state wants.

Not to mention how much of a pain it is since Old Bridge only accepts applications a few hours on certain days. I'm actually moving out of Glenwood apartments to my new house in Howell this week, so hopefully ill be changing my address for the last time.

that was another PITA. i had to leave work early and just like a mcdonalds breakfast i was told i wasnt there in time. so they handed me the paperwork and told me to come back. i know its no great revalation with this group but its just ridiculous to put law abiding gun owners through this nonsense. between this and my security job this will probably be the 5th time im getting fingerprinted. ITS STILL ME! NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!!

-Roger