Sign in to follow this  
Barms

flash suppressor incoming to FFL..

Since most states don't have restrictions on flash suppressors, (or i'd even assume that people that live in states without these laws even know the intricacies of the differences).. what happens when a NJ person orders or buys from out of state and it gets to the FFL and the FFL says "that my friend is a flash suppressor and i cannot let you take this."

does the FFL reject the incoming immediately? Or does he keep it and notify you that if you want to take it he has to modify it first?

I guess the scenario is you bought something out of state that you thought was legal, but it gets to NJ and it is not.

Or.... Leave it and pin/weld it. But there are stipulations. Correct me if I'm wrong, they are not really illegal. It depends what gun it is on and how many evil features are already on the gun. For instance, my Socom has what they advertise as a flash hider/supressor. But because It doesn't have a pistol grip, it's legal. Correct guys/gals?

You really haven't specified a weapon.

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

woops let me clarify.. incoming not meaning its on order already..i meant if i do buy incoming to FFL.. and they see that the flash suppressor makes it an "evil" violation what does the FFL do? return? tell me they will keep but they must fix? What happens when an evil feature gets sent inadvertently?

woops let me clarify.. incoming not meaning its on order already..i meant if i do buy incoming to FFL.. and they see that the flash suppressor makes it an "evil" violation what does the FFL do? return? tell me they will keep but they must fix? What happens when an evil feature gets sent inadvertently?

Is this a total hypothetical situation? If so like Bhunted said flash suppressors in and of themselves are not illegal, it is only when you add certain other features that they become illegal.

If your FFL is on their game, they will know that you are good to go, or if you aren't. But not every gun shop employee knows the laws, and some like to make up their own.

If you decide there is something you want to buy but are not quite sure of its legality, your best bet is to post it up on here, that way you can avoid any headaches.

Simple ...we hold it tell you what's wrong andwhat comlisnce work u need.....

B

1. An FFL would not know its a flash suppressor until he accepted the transfer and opened it so he or she would not refuse it :)

2. I may be mistaken but if its an upper only then its not regulated / Serialized device and would not be a controlled item if its not installed on a lower

(Dont quote me this is just my opinion) I personally would offer the customer the option of having a compensator installed then pinned and welded or i will hand them over the upper only and they can have it done elsewhere.

A Gun store / FFL should try to accommodate a customer if its at all possible.