Combat Auto

H&K USP Tactical

Brother has a regular USP 45, and they are nice guns. I think one of the best polymer guns in terms of handling recoil.

The gun is fairly big, so if you have smaller to medium sized hands, may be a bit too big.

+1 to this. The USP is a bit too large for my hands but still a nice reliable shooter. If you have the same problem you might enjoy the HK45 a bit more.

+1 to this. The USP is a bit too large for my hands but still a nice reliable shooter. If you have the same problem you might enjoy the HK45 a bit more.

Thanks for the idea..I have medium hands so I need to consider what you pointed out...The HK45 looks like it has better ergonomics and I think it is a newer design...Barrel is 4.5 inch vs 5 on the USP-Tactical...I like the 5 inch barrel, as all things equal, a larger barrel will be more accurate (If i could get 5 inches on the HK45 I am sold)....I have a 5 inch sig 1911 now - which fits my hand like a glove...So if I look at the measurements of my Sig-1911 vs the USP-Tactical they show: Hieght: 5.5 vs 5.9 (more rounds with HK); Width: 1.4 vs 1.26 (The HK is thinner? I find this amazing/hard to believe); Lenth: 8.7 vs 8.64 (a wash). (the 1911 is all steel and 10 oz heavier).

I am not clear why the USP-Tactical is considered a large gun - it seems about the size of a full size 1911...What am I missing?

Appreciate it!

-Joe

(As an aside, I know the HK-Mark-23 really is a large gun with that 6" barrel - if I had large hands that would be the bomb - super accurate - but I would be kidding myself).

Thanks - I will give that careful consideration.

The FNP45 is another gun that is NOT for someone with small hands. It is a good sized grip with some of the most aggressive checkering I have seen on a pistol. I like mine very much. Good SA trigger for a plastic gun. Really long and heavy DA trigger. That doesn't have to be a problem though because you can carry cocked-and-locked and never use DA.

I'm a medium guy with medium hands... and I find the HK45 and HK45c (and sort of by extension the P30) all fit my hand better than the USP does. After holding them all side by side, I ended up buying a HK45c.

For what it's worth though, the USP doesn't feel uncomfortable to me at all.

Anyone have one or expierence with an H&K USP tactical in 45 cal? I like the 5 inch barrel - and they are suppose to be very acurate. On my list for a buy although they told me the next batch comes out tawards year end...

-Joe

I like USP 45 takt.Big but comftable & very acurate.Never regred getting one.