alec.mc

USPSA @ OBRPC - 10/28/12

I really hope the match is on.... I mean come on, it will not come until Tuesday. =P

I do too, but if it isn't, come on down to our mutual home range. We can shoot the sunday trap league. I'll let you borrow a shottie. lol.

Some how I don't see you shooting trap. Yes, no?

I raise my fist in anger towards the sky as a warning. it best hold out until well after the match is over. Being granted days off to shoot is rare for me and I will not have that taken away from me.

I do too, but if it isn't, come on down to our mutual home range. We can shoot the sunday trap league. I'll let you borrow a shottie. lol.

I sold my shotty a while ago. Just don't have time for trap, although it is fun. I am thinking one more major match before end of year......

I'm out for both, out of town, so I went over to CJ this morning and shot some trap.

I really hope the match is on.... I mean come on, it will not come until Tuesday. =P

That's one of the things, when I started watching, it was sunday to tuesday. That'll narrow. I've already been forwarded 5 cancellations on pre-reg. The day is going to be short on light with the cloud cover, and I don't want ot be setting up and tearing down short staffed and with little in the way of shooters in the rain. I've done it before, it sucks.

Looking at reports, it looks like the storm center will be about 850 miles form us by match start, and that we will be seeing 1.25" of rainfall for the day and gusts to about 35mph. I have to go look at the pre-reg numbers, but if it is like last month, we already have about 7% attrition due to storm prep. Soggy targets and 35mph gusts do not go well together. At this point I'm inclined to make the call after the 2pm models are done tomorrow.

No need to cancel, the match is off. I have yet to get all the stages in and don't have enough time to do the match prep plus get things squared away at home for the storm.

Beyond that, all the models in the last 24 hours have it hitting earlier and earlier. NJ has officially declared a state of emergency as has PA. Sandy's tropical storm speed wind field is already about 10 degrees in diameter. Given the projected position as of 8am Sunday, most of NJ will be within this wind field. They are actually projecting this field to grow as it heads north, and are calling for 1-4" of rain across NJ before landfall. We are looking at wet, soggy, windy, and I don't know if I have rain bags or even sufficient targets (we basically ran dry last match).

Once again. No match. I will be updating the web page and phone message as well.