Sign in to follow this  
Downtownv

Has anyone tried to get a concealed carry permit in NJ?

If one was issued multiple CCL's, vetted by FBI,can multiple State police agencies and issue them. Why, how can NJ deny one? How can the state fight the US Constitution and come out victorious? With NRA, NJ2A, SAS and many more groups plus pro gun rights attorneys... it would seem to me all that's need would be a volunteer to test the courts, no?

I am considering doing it.

If one was issued multiple CCL's, vetted by FBI,can multiple State police agencies and issue them. Why, how can NJ deny one? How can the state fight the US Constitution and come out victorious? With NRA, NJ2A, SAS and many more groups plus pro gun rights attorneys... it would seem to me all that's need would be a volunteer to test the courts, no?

I am considering doing it.

Guess you haven't heard that the 2AF already tried to flip NJ's carry laws, and lost........

No, I Haven't. You will get a lot of people on this site that will tell you that it can't be done and that you don't meet the critertia.

You can always try. Just understand that if you apply and get denied, that can come back to haunt you. Many states' carry permits ask "Have you ever been denied for a carry permit?" If NJ shoots you down then you will have to answer Yes, which may become an issue.

But you can always try.

"Justified Need" started when the conceal carry permit law began in 1924.

You would have to apply to your Police Chief Or Sheriff and then they would present it to a district Judge who would give the final approval. A reason was needed to justify the conceal carry permit.

Handgun Registration also started at the same time

In addition this act also started registration of handguns purchased in NJ and a copy of the register would be 'personally delivered' to the chief of police or the county clerk if there was no chief of police.

http://lawlibrary.rutgers.edu/cgi-bin/diglib.cgi?collect=njleg&file=148&page=0305&zoom=90

Chapter 137 Laws of 1924 Page 305 – 308 >Concealed carry permit now needed. Establishes Record of Sale, Registry, signature of buyer and seller, duplicate needs to be delivered to chief of police, penalties include a high misdemeanor, 24 hour waiting period, no sales after 3 pm.

Up to 20 conceal carry permits for your employees

Presidents of banks and trust associations, loan institutions, can make application for (up to) 20 permits for the employees,agents, messengers and clerks.

Exemptions

Does not apply to State Police or any motor vehicle inspector… other exemptions included canal police, railway police, steamboat police, prosecutors, assistant prosecutors, fish and game wardens.....

Approved March 11 1924 . Went into effect July 1 1924

There is a whole lengthy thread here already on this with a lot of Q&A.... Have a look... No sense in reinventing the wheel...

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...