Zell959

Hypothetical scenario...

Just to get my mind on something else, I'm gonna offer up a completely pointless hypothetical scenario for potential discussion that serves no purpose other than creating an opportunity to talk about guns.

What if, through some manner of essentially 'magical' means, you could design a handgun with unlimited ammunition and make it any size you wanted. I.e. You could make a gun with the dimensions of a Ruger LC9 that fires unlimited rounds of .460 S&W, despite the fact that a barrel & frame that size could never accomodate that round or the pressure it produces. Lets also say that the gun can be designed to make any caliber run reliabily, so it could function like a revolver, 1911, striker fired, etc.

However, the "magic" ends there. When firing the gun, you would still encounter the real world physics of recoil where the strength of the caliber & weight/size/shape of the gun would dictate how comfortably it can be fired. So, in the example of a pistol the size of an LC9 firing a .460 S&W magnum, you'd be looking at really painful felt recoil & very significant muzzle rise from every single shot.

In this hypothetical situation, if you were trying to design the "perfect" gun for you, what would you make? Essentially, if the size & power of caliber selected did not force you to accept any tradeoffs on a handgun's size, capacity or design, how big & powerful a pistol would you want?

Feel free to specify "perfect" HD handgun vs "perfect" CCW, duty, etc.

Again, I do realize this discussion lacks notable purpose, but thanks in advance to anybody that elects to humor me.

I would like a compact size, single stack Glock kit that can handle multiple calibers with included parts that would easily swap out, especially one that could handle both 9mm and .45 ACP.

Although I'm not a big fan of the round in general, I think a full-auto 5.7 would fit the bill very well for this imaginary gun. It has almost no recoil and has good penetration with the proper ammo. I'd rather have 10 deep holes than 1 large deep hole if either could be done in half of a second.

Although I'm not a big fan of the round in general, I think a full-auto 5.7 would fit the bill very well for this imaginary gun. It has almost no recoil and has good penetration with the proper ammo. I'd rather have 10 deep holes than 1 large deep hole if either could be done in half of a second.

I think that would be pretty cool in a tiny subgun.

5" 1911 .44 magnum weighing less than 36oz, that reloads itself,auto lubes and cleans, and recoils like a 9mm. Of course with a 1.5" accuracy at 50 yards.

Man you must be bored like me!

Can't get much R&R in at home right now, so I figure I'll grab a little via pointless forum posts

Also, you cheated :stop: . You can have your lightweight 1911 frame, but it'd have to recoil like a lightweight .44 Magnum (i.e. like a mule)

Officers size 1911 with a full rail made of carbon fiber with a titanium slide in Commander size. Slabside, of course. In .50 GI or 10mm, not sure. Trijicon red dot with unlimited battery, fail proof, of course. No front sight cut.

Flashy, I know. I'm a hairdresser so give me a break.

C

EDIT: Make the slide carbon too. Why not.

Can't get much R&R in at home right now, so I figure I'll grab a little via pointless forum posts

Also, you cheated :stop: . You can have your lightweight 1911 frame, but it'd have to recoil like a lightweight .44 Magnum (i.e. like a mule)

Ugh. That'd be rough.