checko

New (to me) Mossberg M590A1

They will fit the other way around, I'm just nervous the recoil would shake them loose

During the Defensive Shotgun class we had the first two pull from the top and the last four from the bottom to do combat reloads. During shell changing manuevers we had slugs in the first two positions and buckshot in the last four to practice changing to slugs for longer distances.

During the Defensive Shotgun class we had the first two pull from the top and the last four from the bottom to do combat reloads. During shell changing manuevers we had slugs in the first two positions and buckshot in the last four to practice changing to slugs for longer distances.

I assume by first you mean closest to the trigger? What class did you take.

I assume by first you mean closest to the trigger? What class did you take.

The first is closest to the muzzle, the last is the closest to the stock.

I took the MDTS class. They have two listed in the catalog, Practical Shotgun Skills 1&2 and Home/Family Defense Skills

http://www.mdtstraining.com/CSS.htm

http://www.mdtstraining.com/HFDS.htm

I want to take his carbine class in the spring.

Heres my new shotgun (aquired via trade from kman, thanks again)

2012-11-15_17-19-48_387.jpg

Now, this is my first shotgun. I did a little reading up on it but it was more a less and impulse thing. I never had a shotgun, wanted one, offered this one, read good reviews, done!

So what the hell can I do with this thing? lol It's gonna be, first and foremost, a home defense shotty and training shotgun. I'd like to be able to F around and bust up some clays every now and again. I don't do any competition YET, but would think about doing a 3 gun thing for fun. Not much to be the fastest time on the block.

Also, the length of pull is pretty long, what pistol grip & stock would you all recommend? Should I get a side saddle?

Thanks

Question are you having trouble storing shells on one side of the butt stock?

I can only store 2 3/4 shells on the left side they are unable to fit on the right.

I can only store 2 3/4 shells on the left side they are unable to fit on the right.

Explain this? I have the same stock on my 590A1

U may have a stuck follower like I did. Contact mossberg they will send you replacement guts.. I have a spare pair I bought for mine just in case

ushed in. Seems like

I have remington 2 3/4 buckshot shells they only store on one side of the gun.

When I try to put them on the other side of the stock the shells are to big to push in the stock.

Are you having the same issue?

I have shells on both sides of the stock as we speak. I'd call mossberg

ushed in. Seems like

I have remington 2 3/4 buckshot shells they only store on one side of the gun.

When I try to put them on the other side of the stock the shells are to big to push in the stock.

Are you having the same issue?

can you push the follower in?

Yes I push in the follower I guess I need to call Mossberg for a replacement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I actually called Speedfeed about another issue I had with the same stock. They sent me the parts needed for the repair quickly. There was a thread in this section but my searching sucks.

Just picked up a 590a1 with ghost ring sights and the speed feed stock. When affixing the front attachment for the sling swivel it seemed very tight. I didn't want to force it. Is this normal and can you recommend a tool for this? Never done this before and I do not want to damage it. Thx.

Just picked up a 590a1 with ghost ring sights and the speed feed stock. When affixing the front attachment for the sling swivel it seemed very tight. I didn't want to force it. Is this normal and can you recommend a tool for this? Never done this before and I do not want to damage it. Thx.

I got mine with the swivel already attached. You want to put up a picture?