mag1

Tritium Front Sight Question for AR-15

I picked up a KAC BUIS micro folding rear sight today for my AR.

I ordered a Troy alpha battle rail also.

I am looking for a front tritium sight, fixed or folding.

Any recommendations on which brand, or if I should do fixed or folding? I do not have any experience with iron sights on an AR.

I can get the Troy battlesight front folding for $114, or the fixed tritium battlesight for $80. These are the only ones I have been looking at today.

Thanks if you guys can help. If I go with the Troy's, I need to order asap.

I personally like fixed front sight, folding rear BUIS both non-tritium.

I use an RDS and while a fixed front sight with a lower 1/3 co-witness is not distracting and quickly becomes a non-issue, the tritium can draw the eye away from the dot. Additionally, I have found that the night sights aren't that useful on a rifle if you are running a white light.

I like the fixed front as it is one less thing to do in the event your optic fails.

I have the Troy folding w/ Trit... but I love all things tritium and at the time I was building my rifle, I had a little extra cash so I got 'em.

I found that they're basically just bling. You don't need the trit... and High Exposure is right... if you're running a light, they get washed out.

I got a KAC rear micro flip and just bought a front Troy folding tritium..For both cost me $120 shipped. Only thing is the front sight is the HK style, which I prefer in looks.

Just trying to find the best deal on the 11" Alpha Vtac Battle Rail. Going with either the claymore or medival muzzle break also.

I do have to get a LPGB too, then Im set.

Thanks for all the advice so far.

Just trying to find the best deal on the 11" Alpha Vtac Battle Rail. Going with either the claymore or medival muzzle break also.

Troy is 20% off thier website today,use code cybermonday http://troyind.com/%20/partners/viking-tactics/troy-vtac-battlerail-alpha-11

Thanks,

Here are some pics taken on Iphone

Had to use photbucket, was getting error any other way.

Spike upper and lower, Troy alpha vtac 11" battle rail, troy low profile gas block, aimpoint t1 with lt 660, troy medieval muzzle break, troy front tritium fold buis, kac rear micro fold buis, rra 2 stage trigger, and voodoo tactical 42" deluxe tactical case.

Just need to order the bcm gunfighter charging handle and bcm gunfighter grips. I have lots of ammo.

http://s1231.beta.photobucket.com/user/barakuna/library/AR