Sign in to follow this  
Col. Mortimer

Shongum USPSA Match, Saturday 12/1/2012

We are using “Shoot’N Score It” (SSI), an online pre-registration tool. In addition to speeding things up the morning of the match to allow us to start shooting (and finish shooting) earlier, pre-registration via SSI provides for self-squadding. Shooters can sign-up/log-in to the SSI site, enter their basic shooter information, and click “Register.” Once registered, squadding can be set up.

Round count is shown on the Shoot’N Score It website. (Link provided below.)

We reserve the ability to move folks around to assure we have adequate RO coverage in each squad and balance squad size.

Registration will close by around 9:30 am, please arrive early.

New Shooter briefing will be at 8:45am, not 9am.

We can still accommodate walk-ons the morning of the match through the traditional sign-in process, but the less we have to rely on this, the quicker we can be at getting the match started.

** Shooter information stored in SSI is not indexed/returned by search engines, so shooter names will not come up in Google searches. **

To pre-register for the December Shongum match via SSI:

Go to http://shootnscoreit.com/ipsc/match/829/

If it’s your first time using SSI, create a user name/password, etc., and click “Sign Me Up”, otherwise login to sign up.

• On the match registration page, enter your USPSA/shooter information, and click “Register”
    • We ask that ROs select “Military” in the Category field so that we can easily identify them and ensure that each squad has enough ROs

[*]Click on the link to “squads” on the left of the page, choose a squad from the list, and click “join this squad”

If you do not want to use SSI, please send Ron G. an email at [email protected] with the following info to register.

Reply back with:

Name:

USPSA number:

Division:

Power Factor:

AS ALWAYS:

Help with setting up and packing up is always needed and appreciated.

TIME PERMITTING, there will be a rifle side stage after the pistol match of 30 rounds.

If the match is cancelled for weather, Ron will send out an email notification Friday around 5pm and it will be posted here.

You gonna be there Bob ?

Yeah, but I'll be shooting a 1911. Remember - don't have one of them fancy, spring-loaded thinga-ma-jigs for the revolver, but Christmas is coming. Can't ever tell what Santa may bring.

I'll be shooting the revolver (646) at P-burg IDPA the next weekend. Dave is chamfering the charge holes on it right now.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

We're going to miss Shongum this weekend. My middle kid is playing in a charity dodge ball tournament and I was voted to be coach. And when I say voted I mean my wife told me I was doing it. :squideye: We are shooting steel on Sunday however at CJRPC.

Bob...the IDPA next weekend is the low light event, right? If so It conflicts with USPSA at CJ that is how do you say, A bummer. I was looking forward to try shooting in a low light scenarios. I suppose I could just close my eyes...

Bob...the IDPA next weekend is the low light event, right? If so It conflicts with USPSA at CJ that is how do you say, A bummer. I was looking forward to try shooting in a low light scenarios. I suppose I could just close my eyes...

The no light/low light match is at Somerset on 12/16. P-burg is on 12/8.

how long do you guys expect this match to run?

can I run two classifiers if I pay the extra fee?

Hopefully, it will end around 3:30 so we would have time for the rifle stage. I've seen someone go thru each stage twice for extra practice for the regional match. Only the first run will count though.

The no light/low light match is at Somerset on 12/16.

This would be interesting to see (or not to see :facepalm:)

any idea about the classifiers? can I run multiple guns?

I think that it will depend on the number of entrants. With the amount of daylight shrinking, and the desire to hold a rifle side stage after the regular match, you may not be able to. Contact the MD (Ron Gumann) at [email protected]

Hope to see you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Not to worry Nick, no precipitation is predicted for the Hackettstown area. The match is on but there is about 2” of snow on the ground at range so dress appropriately. Tomorrow will be milder than today so I expect the ground to be damp. Waterproof shoes would be a good idea. The stage layouts may be modified and the number of stages changed depending on ground conditions and turnout.