Sign in to follow this  
BCeagle

"Official" HK .22 MP

http://www.hk22rimfire.com/index.php?page=mp5-a5

Was looking for a Marlin .22 to teach my daughter on and found this. Interesting since my favorite gun is my HK p30l. Umarex has an awful rep but would HK put their name on a piece of garbage?

Better looking than the GSG but are these really official? Do they shoot well? Still pricey for a .22 but interesting.

Haven't these been around for a while? I personally prefer that the original manufacturer make their

22 version of their gun. I can't say anything bad about Umarex since I've never handled one of their

firearms. I just feel a lot better about the product if the company I like and trust is making it rather than

handing it off to someone else.

They've been around a few years less than the GSG..the ONLY reason they are around at all is that HK got Pissy about the GSG, and started Suing Anyone and Everyone who was making ANY copy of the MP-5, including Airsoft makers. Just remember the ONLY thing that HK has into the MP-5 .22 is the HK name, the entire firearm is made by Umarex, HK Doesnt make it, anymore than Colt makes THEIR .22 (Also Umarex). You are NOT getting an HK product...which frankly, considering how they view Civilian sales of "Real" firearms, might actually be a selling point come to think of it. I'll Stick with GSG personally. ATI Stands behind their products and has good Customer service.