Midwest

If NJ changed it's gun laws overnight to those of PA's, would you still plan to move?

If NJ gun laws changed overnight to those like PA, would you still move out of NJ and when?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. If NJ guns laws changed overnight to those like PA, would you still move out of NJ and when?

• No, I would stay in NJ and never move.
    • Yes, but I would move within one year.
    • Yes, but I would move within five years.
    • Yes, but I would move in ten years.
    • Yes, but I would move in fifteen years
    • Yes, but I would move in twenty years.
  2. 2. Would you move back to NJ if the gun laws changed to PA's gun laws?

The politicians in this state will never grow tired of finding more ways to siphon wealth from the productive to their constituents with their hands out. The situation will only get worse as more of the golden goose flees to less redistributionist locales.

I plan on leaving NJ within 1-2 years. I just want to finish my MA, which I'll have in May. My reason for leaving this state has nothing to do with guns. I always wanted to have a good amount of property to live on, at least 10 acres. There is no way I'll ever be able to afford this in NJ. There are plenty of 10+ acre lots in PA, WV, UT, ND, SD, etc. for under $40k.

The politicians in this state will never grow tired of finding more ways to siphon wealth from the productive to their constituents with their hands out. The situation will only get worse as more of the golden goose flees to less redistributionist locales.

Aside from seeking more 2A-friendly environs, THIS is the main reason I'm looking to vamoose. The idiotic dem voting base consistently puts these leeches in office and I find myself working longer, keeping less and having a lower quality of life overall.

I moved to PA about a year ago...

Gun laws are more free..

income is about the same...

taxes are less...

property (owning OR renting) is cheaper...

people in many instances are more laid back and nicer..

crime is almost nonexistent

the only regret I have about leaving NJ is waiting so long... I miss some of the cool people I met.. but honestly.. there is NO comparison for me..

Where in PA?

What are the taxes and size of lot/house..

Thanks

What would be some of the benefits of PA gun laws over NJ, I know of some, but not all?

I would guess higher capacity round mags, no permits to purchase, and the ability to carry. Wow, that's big right there!

What else? Not saying that wouldn't be awesome!

Can you own full auto and suppressors?

Wow. I guess according to the vote most of you guys just love the low property taxes we have in this state to want to stay here!

To some people, there is more to life than guns and conservative talking points.

Some people have friends and family, and living several hours away, would suck, compared to being down the street. No gun laws could replace the great feeling of walking into a bar on a Saturday night and seeing a dozen of my friends that I've known for 20+ years and grew up with.

yeah, things like the property taxes and gun laws suck, But that isn't my life. Or most people's lives. I don't worry about CCW and think about crime statistics all day. I'm far more likely to die of obesity-related illnesses, automobile accidents, and many other things compared to violent crime. Pro-gun people cite that statistic all the time, right?

So I wear a seat belt and try and eat somewhat healthy. And life goes on.

If NJ changed it's gun laws overnight to those of PA's, would you still plan to move?

Would you move back to NJ if their gun laws changed to those like PA's?

No.. I moved out 6 months ago. Here are a few reasons:

-Car insurance for the 4 of us in NJ=$4900 no accidents or tickets

-PA $2300

-Income tax in NJ 6.01%

-PA 3% flat tax.

-Sales tax NJ 7%

-PA 6%

-School in (private) in NJ $15,800 for 2 kids

-PA $8400 for 2 kids.

Property taxes= $7900 in NJ 1/3 acre

PA $8200 1/2 acre and a house MUCH larger.

I get gas in NJ because I work there.

A few things I've noticed since moving and please no offense. First, there are NO (stupid---subsidized) solar panels. Also, I've noticed in the areas I frequent that most shopping carts are put back in their bins, MUCH fewer people abuse the handicapped spots. (Which is a big pet peeve of mine). Many more "thank you's, you're welcome's and I'm sorry's". Lastly, seems to be a bit more of a "less inward" focus on the individual.

For example, when living in NJ if I wanted to pull out of a side street into to very slow moving or not moving traffic, I literally would have to force my way in as most times people will not let you in. Then it would cause an argument, horns honking and finger flying. I have rarely experience that in PA. Also, a few nights ago while waiting at a traffic light in PA, the light turned green... the car in front did not move and to my amazement NOBODY honked. I thought I was in a twilight zone moving...even weirder I didn't honk either. As impatient as I can be I scared myself.

Last, COPS! I have not kept count but I see at least 1-2 cops per day taking radar or pulling someone over on my way to and from work. In PA, I have seen ONE taking radar. Granted my highway travels in PA are limited to a 3-5 miles and RTE 295 in NJ are 12 - 15 miles. However, my son travels 12 miles of highway to his PA school daily and has yet to see a cop taking radar.

For me...no! So far PA (Philadelphia aside) seems to be a different mentality. The only way I can describe it is like going to a gun show and that type of crowd as opposed to going to Produce Junction...