MosinRob

shipping a firearm

That was not the question. Please re-read and see if you can helpfully contribute to the questions at hand. Thank you.

Considering that PK is an FFL that ships and receives firearms on a DAILY basis...you might want to listen to what he says.

In all fairness being a regular Joe makes the process harder. I had to ship a rifle back to the manufacturer, I did my homework, and found out that I could legally send it through USPS. I packaged it up and took it to my local post office (and made the mistake) of telling them I was shipping a rifle. The guy at the counter had a **** fit telling me they couldn't ship firearms unless I had an FFL. As politely as I could I told him that was incorrect and referred him to USPS website. He didn't care and told me to call the regional manager(or some bs title). Long story short he gave me a run around saying he hasn't had anyone ask about shipping a weapon in years, and would call me back in a day....he didn't.

Shipped it through FedEx and everything went better then expected.

That was not the question. Please re-read and see if you can helpfully contribute to the questions at hand. Thank you.

Ok smart ass. Then answer is no, one is not required by law to state that it a firearm. Declaration must only be done with a private carrier. They also can search any package they want.

Are you looking for opinions or the real answers? You will only get opinions if asking on a public internet forum. The truth can be found searching and finding the answer yourself.

Ok smart ass. Then answer is no, one is not required by law to state that it a firearm. Declaration must only be done with a private carrier. They also can search any package they want.

Are you looking for opinions or the real answers? You will only get opinions if asking on a public internet forum. The truth can be found searching and finding the answer yourself.

No need to call me a smart ass, I replied to your comment as politely as I could. I could have called you a dumb ass for answering a question with a question, or not even relating to the question posted. I have done my research, was looking to see what others say.

Why don't you Bozos play nice.

Rob you know what is legal and what is allowed.

Go to the post office don't volunteer any info unless asked.

Personally I ship a firearm broken down if possible so it doesn't look like a firearm sized package and less likely to theft or scrutiny.

Why don't you Bozos play nice.

Rob you know what is legal and what is allowed.

Go to the post office don't volunteer any info unless asked.

Personally I ship a firearm broken down if possible so it doesn't look like a firearm sized package and less likely to theft or scrutiny.

Im being very respectful and just asking a simple question frank. I dont appreciate you calling me incompetent or telling me what I know. Watch what you say.