Gunrunner26

What happened to NJ AR owners in 1994

IIRC - We had the NJ rules in 1990'ish. Then the Fed AWB came in and named specifics and that is when the M1 Carbine (and other brands) was specifically called out in NJ's version around 1994.

negative the Carbine was in ours from the beginning..in fact the Named Firearms List of the 1994 Federal Ban pretty much mirrored Our ban list and that of, IIRC California

Ok so here is a question for FFL's if the ban does go to 10 rds - can we just have the mags blocked or pinned to only accept 10 rds? As I understand it it is illegal to modify high cap mags to make them NJ legal now , so I wonder how that would play out or am I dead wrong?

Incorrect. I was told this by Hague's along with Rayco Armory when I asked about the XDM in 9mm. They said that gun is illegal in NJ. Well I'll go with wrong per this........... "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container, which is

capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly

therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. A large capacity ammunition magazine that has been

permanently altered so that it is not capable of holding more than 15 rounds of ammunition will

cease to be defined as a "large capacity ammunition magazine." An ammunition magazine, which

has been temporarily blocked or modified from holding more than 15 rounds, as by a piece of wood

or a pin, is still considered to be a "large capacity ammunition magazine."

negative the Carbine was in ours from the beginning..in fact the Named Firearms List of the 1994 Federal Ban pretty much mirrored Our ban list and that of, IIRC California

Then what year did our lovely state come up with that now infamous list? I know I bought and then had got rid of my M1 Carbine in short order. I really liked that for CQB and would love to have another. Plus having family that jumped on the night before D-Day with one makes it something I have on my NEED list. Plus my Garands need a little brother to taunt.

Then what year did our lovely state come up with that now infamous list? I know I bought and then had got rid of my M1 Carbine in short order. I really liked that for CQB and would love to have another. Plus having family that jumped on the night before D-Day with one makes it something I have on my NEED list. Plus my Garands need a little brother to taunt.

whatever year the ban was..I though it was 1992..Paul said 1990 I had just sold off my AK before the ban, not knowing it was even coming. But i know "The List" either started with us or Ca..whichever one of us enacted the first ban started the listing of specific weapons, the feds just took THAT list, and IIRC added a couple of things. of course at least the Feds allowed everyone to keep what they had, unlike NJ and Ca

+1. I love me some M1 Carbine as well... too bad mine had to go...

So I then I bought a Mini-30... because it's SO MUCH DIFFERENT and apparently less lethal than the "Assault rifle" M1 Carbine. Effing idiots.

Incorrect. I was told this by Hague's along with Rayco Armory when I asked about the XDM in 9mm. They said that gun is illegal in NJ.

Rayco giving bad info? Ask me if I'm suprised...

It is currently unlawful for a non-ffl to possess high cap mags, therefore you can't legally modify them in nj because you cant have them. The cans however be modified out of state or by an ffl.

Something tells me it would have to be your primary residence.

Nope.

Heck, you can buy handguns and NFA in PA or most states if you reside in that state for one single day next year as far as the feds are concerned, during the day you reside there.

And, obviously, no FFLs need to be involved for NFA - silencers, machineguns, etc.

Only problem is if you buy from an FFL he won't like your NJ driver's license as proof of PA (or any state) residency so you would have to shop around FFLs if you want handguns vs. rifles/machineguns/silencers etc.