Pizza Bob

NRA Press Conference 10:45 AM 12/21

The Meet The Press Host is pretty fair...

There is that other host, Piers Morgan from England that is truly a foul man...He invited some Gun-Guys on last week and because they had different views then Piers, he called the "liars" and "nuts" - so at least the Meet the press guy is being reasonable.

LaPierre did a great job of blasting Mayor Bloomberg - all the Bloomburg buddies, socialits, sports idols etc get Carry's - average smo gets nothing...

In fact, talked to my Buddy from NYC yesterday - a long term gun guy...They confiscated his AR some years ago (forced to sell it or go to jail). So it can happen to you/me also..

I am not in total agreement with LaPierre (i am against mega-mags), but the NRA is all we got and net-net are doing a good job considering how the Social Propaganda machine is stacked against him...Besides, NRA is all we got...He inspired me with his passion for our rights today and I am going to do my small part by donating $1,000 today...We need to get behind the NRA.

LaPierre did a great job of blasting Mayor Bloomberg - all the Bloomburg buddies, socialits, sports idols etc get Carry's - average smo gets nothing...

I am not in total agreement with LaPierre (i am against mega-mags), but the NRA is all we got and net-net are doing a good job considering how the Social Propaganda machine is stacked against him...Besides, NRA is all we got...He inspired me with his passion for our rights today and I am going to do my small part by donating $1,000 today...We need to get behind the NRA.

As I said in the thread about the MTP interview I would have like him to aggressively counter their arguments as he seemed reactionary.

Still I thought the Bloomberg reference was very good. And I thought he countered the mag issue well: that the focus should be to interrupt the shooter before he gets to the point where it matters how many rounds are in the mag. Of course that opens the door to the anti today " well then why not support legislation to limit who has access..."

I also liked the WV congressmen (I think) who said basically that he owns an AR and he can change mags pretty quick. It an old guy can do it....

Can I just point out one thing I haven't seen mentioned yet, that I think is important.

The problem I see with a uniformed security guard/cop in school; it might not be a deterrent for a mass murderer instead it will easily identify the first victim. If you plan to kill, the armed guard in uniform sitting at a desk by the front door, is the one thing standing between you and your evil plan.

Will a security guard be enough of a deterrent to stop an incident or merely be an obstacle to overcome?

Out of roughly 100public mass murders, only one since 1950 happened at a place that guns weren't banned.  Now, some of that could be coincidence.  And many of them could be due to restrictive carry laws in many places from the early 1970s to the late 1980s.  But the majority of them can't be coincidences.  It's pretty clear that the majority of these people have deliberately chosen to go where people aren't armed in at least the past 20 years.