Nickel1911

Are the shelves empty yet??

Hello all. My question is... How are the gun stores in nj holding up supplies wise? What's being bought up? Are ar-15s and other semi-auto rifles (and their corresponding ammo) and 15 round mags the main focus of buyers right now, or are people buying up ALL semi auto weapons and ammo? Are handguns and popular handgun ammo flying off the shelves too?

I have been to 6 gun shops and 1 gun show in the past two days. ARs and AKs are sold out or priced astronomically high. Ammo is scarce online for most major calibers. But handguns and shotguns seem to be plentiful.

I've been to 3 gun shops in the past week or so, and their shelves are empty and have been empty. All semi auto magazine fed rifles are gone, shotguns are gone, and their shelves holding pistols have either Hi-points left or very expensive Kimbers left.

I just came back from my first trip to Shore Shot. There were a few shotguns and a nice Enfield, and one AR style rifle on the wall, though I don't know if it was spoken for or not. There was a case full of handguns as well. I was suprised to see some Magpul, Troy Industries and BCM accesories on the shelf, so I picked up some supplies for my next build.

I was just at Hagues in West Depford yesterday. They had no AR's or M1A's left and as far as I know, they don't sell AK's. They did have three M&P22 rifles up on the wall.

The only handguns left were Beretta 92's (but they order them by the pallet), high end Sig 1911's and Kimbers. They had a 6" Python and Hi-Power in the case as well looking pretty lonely.

Just as a FWIW...

My buddy is down in Delaware visiting family. He went to 3 shops. The AR's are gone. He found one that isn't NJ compliant. And one other for 3k. That's it. At one of the stores, they were essentially out of handguns.

Craziness.

C

Just as a FWIW...

My buddy is down in Delaware visiting family. He went to 3 shops. The AR's are gone. He found one that isn't NJ compliant. And one other for 3k. That's it. At one of the stores, they were essentially out of handguns.

Craziness.

C

Your right. Absolute craziness. I wonder, if it wasn't for the one-gun-month law, would all of the handguns be gone too?

I just came back from my first trip to Shore Shot. There were a few shotguns and a nice Enfield, and one AR style rifle on the wall, though I don't know if it was spoken for or not. There was a case full of handguns as well. I was suprised to see some Magpul, Troy Industries and BCM accesories on the shelf, so I picked up some supplies for my next build.

The 2 AR's on the wall at SS are .22's. A lot of shotguns being sold this past week though, more than usual. Plenty of handguns in stock. All calibers of ammo is in high demand. They are limiting take home ammo to 2 boxes per customer.

everything is gone from what i can tell. i stopped at lous in raritan on saturday and their wall was empty. tons of shotguns and handguns tho. i have a feeling that mags will come back in stock in the next month along with ammo. lowers take more time to produce so they wont be back in numbers for 6 months or so. same with complete rifles...

Slim picking at best. I saw a sale on here of a used Smith and Wesson that's worth $550 max ($650 new) go for over $1000 with people asking to be "in line" if it didn't go through. I was going to buy a Sig556 from Shore shot last week, but they increased the price $250 overnight. Found that pretty shady to take advantage like that and bought the exact same rifle elsewhere for $500 less than what they had it marked up.

The sad thing is, 2 months from now once the all this settles down there will probably be a lot of people with buyers remorse. When the gun they just bought is selling for a few hundred less than they paid, they'll be pissed. For the record, I think they'll be a lot of chest thumping for the next month, but the NRA will flex its muscle and it won't make it past the House.