Sign in to follow this  
Chris08527

Initial FID card and 1st Handgun application

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the gun world and have a newbie question. I did all my paperwork fingerprints etc to get my FID and handgun permit. Started the process in early November. Is there anything I can do to help speed up the process? My concern is with all the stuff going on in the media it is going to take way longer then it should??? I basically want to get one hand gun and one rifle and I think that would be enough for me for now... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

I don't think what's going on in the media will make much of a difference in your wait time. How long it will take varies town to town, some get things done within the 30 days, some take over a year. Read through this thread and see if your town is in there to get an idea.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22294-nj-fidpp-compliancy-project/

Or, you could tell us what town you're in and someone here may have had a recent experience with them and could let you know how long they waited.

Check out this thread.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13732-nj-fid-application-data-collection-effort/

Just based on the responses for Manchester, 1 person was able to get it in 24 days. The other person took a while due to some issues with paperwork.

Holy poop, imput mine forms in october 2nd weem in Jackson.

Checked with Nicole in Records dept a month ago. She sait that its with the captains for sign off but no idea when theybwould be done.

I hope soon, six months is ridiculously long.

ron, when you say west deptford what station is that? the little one in woodbury'ish right by the lake?

i just turned mine into the woodbury one right by the above mentioned lake about two weeks ago, if its the same one 8 weeks wouldnt be bad at all!

Holy poop, imput mine forms in october 2nd weem in Jackson.

Checked with Nicole in Records dept a month ago. She sait that its with the captains for sign off but no idea when theybwould be done.

I hope soon, six months is ridiculously long.

I just dropped of my request for 3 PP's yesterday. The lady was telling everyone (I was the 3rd in line at 2:30 on a Tuesday afternoon) that requests are taking around 12 weeks.

Of course, I believe that's about what they said for my initial FID....which only took 23 weeks.

Don't be afraid to call. Just be polite and mention how long you've already been waiting.

If I hadn't called on my FID, I would have never known that they were waiting on my reference letters (which my references never received).