Sign in to follow this  
Metalflames

Does anyone think Bushmaster will be banned by name?

Everything will be banned, eventually, unless we stand up for our rights, collectively. Each member of this forum should bring 5 new members to the NRA (and the NJ Second Amendment Society) if possible, in the new year.

You mean something like banning a "Bushmaster Assault Rifle"?

No, certainly not.....wait a minute....

http://www.state.nj....title13ch54.pdf

Already in place here in the great state of NJ.

I could have swore my brother in law has a Bushmaster and thought I have seen them forsale locally. I could be wrong I am not familiar with AR's other than shooting one one time.

Would the "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" named as illegal be a LEO model? Would it be an older model name? Or have nj compliant models found a loophole to what is considered an assault rifle? Pinned barrels, pinned stocks?

No idea. The named weapons that are banned in NJ are fairly arbitrary. You could have a single shot pellet gun, and if it was called a "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" it would apparently be illegal.

I'm guessing it would be similar to Colt. The Colt AR-15 is specifically named. Instead Colt gives their guns numerical names..... I believe the LEO model is illegal here though.. I seen one at Cabelas a few year back. It specifically said Law Enforcement on it. I'm not sure if this is a similar example.

Would the "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" named as illegal be a LEO model? Would it be an older model name? Or have nj compliant models found a loophole to what is considered an assault rifle? Pinned barrels, pinned stocks?

No, the "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" is NOT AN AR Variant At ALL... it is a completely Different Rifle Produced by The predecessor to the Current "Bushmaster Firearms" The produced a Proprietary Rifle, as well as what was called an "Arm Pistol" which had been intended as a Survival-type weapon for Aircrews after Vietnam. The original Owner of Bushmaster has gone on to found a New company "MGI MIlitary" Bushmaster did make AR's all along, With a couple of different variants, including an XM-15 Copy, but they really came into their own after the 94 ban went into effect..they were one of the first to jump on the post-ban market and start cranking out compliant rifles.

No, the "Bushmaster Assault Rifle" is NOT AN AR Variant At ALL... it is a completely Different Rifle Produced by The predecessor to the Current "Bushmaster Firearms" The produced a Proprietary Rifle, as well as what was called an "Arm Pistol" which had been intended as a Survival-type weapon for Aircrews after Vietnam. The original Owner of Bushmaster has gone on to found a New company "MGI MIlitary" Bushmaster did make AR's all along, With a couple of different variants, including an XM-15 Copy, but they really came into their own after the 94 ban went into effect..they were one of the first to jump on the post-ban market and start cranking out compliant rifles.

Thanks for the info that clears up a ton of confusion.

The pistol Is sweet!

it was an interesting concept....the reality was it never really lived up to the Expectations..one of the more radical aspects was that the action "Rotated' so that it could be fired from either hand. there are still some out there, The Designer, Mack Gwinn, has gone on to design the only AR-15 Platform with a Tool-less Quick Change Barrel system..he also designed a TRUE Multi-Caliber AR Lower..that has interchangeable Mag-wells, for everything from SMG mags, to AK, FAL, and IIRC G-3 mags as well. I was always surprised he never did a limited run of his original designs for Nostalgia's sake, unless of course they were a part of the sale when he divested from Bushy. If i wasnt in NJ, i'd jump on this http://www.gunbroker...?Item=323867992

One Correction.. it was actually "Gwinn Firearms" originally...however the original Bushmaster logo had the Silhouette of the ARM Pistol in the place that the AR Silhouette is now

Edited by KpdPipes

With all of the negative publicity surrounding Bushmaster, do you think they will be banned by name?

There is no bill yet.  But you can go see what is going to be initially proposed on Feinstein's website.There is no "by name" in the sense that you are accustomed to.   Everything will be banned, including Glock handguns that are designed to accept mags over 10 rounds.  Even if you get ten round mags, the guns themselves are still banned, need to be registered under the NFA, and die when you die.  No transfers.That's the current plan.  Hope that helps.

There is no bill yet. But you can go see what is going to be initially proposed on Feinstein's website.There is no "by name" in the sense that you are accustomed to. Everything will be banned, including Glock handguns that are designed to accept mags over 10 rounds. Even if you get ten round mags, the guns themselves are still banned, need to be registered under the NFA, and die when you die. No transfers.That's the current plan. Hope that helps.

Cite? Her page says semi-auto pistols and rifles with fixed mags over 10 rounds and large capacity ammunition feeding devices [the exact same term used in the 94 AWB] capable of accepting more than 10 rounds. Nothing about guns that can take a mag that can hold more than 10 rounds, because realistically there is no way to prevent someone from designing a magazine that could take more than 10 rounds...

Yea I don't blame you. That has to be one of the most interesting firearms I have seen.

I remember having one in my hands..Brand new..and i said.. "WTF would I ever need THIS for"??? looking back even if i HAD bout it' I'd have sold it for a loss like everything else when NJ's ban went into effect.