Its a thought I have had. I was considering just welding the gas port closed. Slotting the left side of the reciever and making it into a left side charger. But my interest was doing this for a non standard caliber like 6.5g. BUT the reason for the pursuit is for accuracy and I had a concern that manually charging it each time would reak havoc on consistancy. My other concern was systems that have tried this before had serious issues from what I recall. But it was based on a 50 cal :D

Shane - I would only consider blocking the gas port on my 24" SS bull barrel as that would be the ultimate answer to increasing the dwell time in the action cycling or in this case not cycling.

of the two i think the hold open catching every time would be the best.the reciever boss/slot and pin is designed to take the punishment of catching the bolt,which goes that far rearward every time anyway.a flat spring under the bolt catch in the bolt catch slot would work.i am just thinking out loud with a audience of same minded people that dont want any more restrictions on our hobby,but a plan b would be nice,which would let us keep our goodies and at the same time poke a stick in the eye of the banner crowd.so no im not in trenton.

if you take off the handguards and the gas tube,replace the gas tube with a solid short rod and pin it as with the real tube.you will have a non semi auto ar,that since isnt a semi can keep all the features except possible round count max as yet undetermined.by our supreme leaders.all you have to do is grab the t-handle and pull for each shot.sure beats selling/giving to state/destroying ,whats the hive think.could also be reverseable for when the country wakes up from the nightmare in charge?

Yeah, my heart just jumped out of my throat at that one. I think this is called "straight pull," when you take a semi-auto and essentially make it bolt action. I believe this was done for many semi-auto firearms in England, but the feature was permanent.