alec.mc

I am Jerry Miculek, Ask me anything.

He is an incredible shooter. I heard on one of the TV shows that he modifies his triggers to have a heavier pull than stock.

Incredible

Source?

I dont think so, I've been watching alot of his trigger job videos, and gunsmithing stuff lately. The way he modifies his revolvers is for a smooth lighter d/a pull, with a faster reset spring

unless you are talking about modifying trigger return spring / reset. Then yes, Jerry often says trigger reset is more important then pull for a speed shooter.

Bob munden < Jerry miculek

I agree - Bob Munden was less than Jerry Miculek. But the king of all revolver shooters was Ed McGivern. While Jerry has trumped some of Ed's records, he hasn't got them all, and when you figure the disparity in the equipment used in the 30's vs. what Jerry uses today, it makes it even more amazing.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I agree - Bob Munden was less than Jerry Miculek. But the king of all revolver shooters was Ed McGivern. While Jerry has trumped some of Ed's records, he hasn't got them all, and when you figure the disparity in the equipment used in the 30's vs. what Jerry uses today, it makes it even more amazing.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Totally agree!

Source?

I dont think so, I've been watching alot of his trigger job videos, and gunsmithing stuff lately. The way he modifies his revolvers is for a smooth lighter d/a pull, with a faster reset spring

unless you are talking about modifying trigger return spring / reset. Then yes, Jerry often says trigger reset is more important then pull for a speed shooter.

Yes, he has said that to get the reset he wants, his guns come out heavier than stock, but smoother. He also has a rig mounted to his dash or something like that do he can practice trigger pull while on long trips.

Source?

Yes, he has said that to get the reset he wants, his guns come out heavier than stock, but smoother. He also has a rig mounted to his dash or something like that do he can practice trigger pull while on long trips.

To get the speed he does Miculek has to use a heavier spring to get that trigger to reset. Springs govern pull, reliable ignition, and reset. You can have two but not all three. S&Ws come out pretty well balanced from the factory for most people's uses. Many ooh and aah over Colt triggers but they sacrifice reset for a lighter pull. I'm far from the fastest but I can out run a stock Colt trigger. The Colt DA system doesn't allow as flexible mods as S&W. Ever wonder why you don't see many competing with Colts? Too many people concentrate on lightening the pull and in many cases that masks a gritty trigger. I would rather have a smooth 12 lb trigger than a gritty 5 lb trigger. A good shooter is not going to lose a lot going to a heavier trigger.