302w

Hockey

well ill probably be the only one here to say it (and even if there were more they probably prefer to stay quiet) but lets go ISLANDERS! Dont think we have much of a shot with the damn Atlantic as good as it is but we got some some real good young guys we'll be ready soon

Well, here we have the entire Atlantic Division represented, go NJ.

I can always respect an Isles fan. Their record is astounding, going from an expansion franchise to sheer dominance for several years followed by everything now. I do say, their third jerseys are terrible though.

As for the Rangers, I have to unconditionally hate them. I also hate their casual bandwagon fans. The 'real' Ranger fans are okay though.

Flyers...meh.

Pens... I remember the time before Crysby. I liked it.

Philly, on the other hand, I detest.

I like watching Philly play. But I can't stand Philly fans in any sport.

As a Devils fan, I'm excited to finally watch some NHL hockey, but as a hockey fan I'm, once again, pissed at the short season. The problem wil be at the end of this season when this starts happening again, nobody is happy with the deal they struck.

The NHL lockout is finally over, so now I can finally follow the Devils instead of just bandwagoning the Seahawks like I have done since October. Anyone else excited? Angry?

There was an NHL Lockout? I must have missed that :lol:

Go Seahawks!!!

I couldn't be more excited that its back, and couldn't be more pissed that we lost so much of the season. Ordered my Kovalchuk jersey to replace the Parise one today, and can't wait to get the new schedule so I can buy tickets for the home opener at the Rock.

LGD.

I couldn't be more excited that its back, and couldn't be more pissed that we lost so much of the season.

LGD.

^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

My fiance is a big devils fan and i really love goin to the rock it is beautiful. I grew up next to the coliseum (mausoleum) and up until i moved here 6 months ago went to a ton of games there so seeing a real modern arena in the rock is awesome. The rest of the atlantic is just so loaded. Philly has sick talent (except it net but what else is new). Pitt has just been breeding good players since they got crosby and malkin and i think they could be VERY dangerous this year. As much as i hate the damn rangers they are loaded too (even though they usually buy there team) but they have a good homegrown young d; which may be the only thing that holds them back but we'll see. Im hoping the isles with all these young guys can some day turn into what philly and pitt has. Im 27 so i missed all the glory year :'( nothing but heartache for me but hockey is my sport i enjoy watching all the games. We'll see how it all plays out but the short season will definitely benefit some teams over others. The Wild were tops in West at halfway point last year and didnt even make the playoffs!

-Rich

Looks like Parise wasn't the only one that wanted out of NJ

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ilya-kovalchuk-staying-khl-rumors-flying-142337323--nhl.html

Kovalchoke may not be back.

If he didn't come back, he would have a serious legal battle on his hands. It's just a show for press. He'll come back. He's popular there, but he isn't a franchise player there. He's the Devils franchise now.

If he didn't come back, he would have a serious legal battle on his hands. It's just a show for press. He'll come back. He's popular there, but he isn't a franchise player there. He's the Devils franchise now.

I agree with most of what you said but he would absolutely be a franchise player there. He'd easily be top 5 best players in their league. Actually I can't think of one that's better over there.

I agree with most of what you said but he would absolutely be a franchise player there. He'd easily be top 5 best players in their league. Actually I can't think of one that's better over there.

He's a leading POINTS player, but not even close in goals. Tarasenko is likely to be their franchise player, as he has already denied playing in the nhl, is younger than kovy, and a much more skillful player (much more to like of Crosby or Malkin). Kovy has a great shot, great vision, but no bells and whistles. KHL is all about the show.