SgtToadette

Walther primed for the spring.

Walther separated from it's American importer Smith and Wesson so it could begin to import on its own terms. They've also offered a heap of new pistols that should be hitting periodically throughout 2013, like this new 5" PPQ pictured below. There's also a new PPX being offered along with a .22 PPK/S.

2796091-l.png?9d7bd4

Interestingly it looks like the PPQ M2 replaces the current PPQ and it comes in 4" and 5" lengths and most interestingly of all has replaced the paddle style magazine release with a button magazine release.

I am sure this will increase the popularity of the PPQ as many people struggled to transition to the paddle style magazine release when their other firearms were button. It may also disappoint some of the existing PPQ owners who greatly like the paddle style release.

TheWombat

Meh, I've held them, I don't like them. Reminds me of climbing in a mid 80's Jetta, ja pehfektly engineered fur ze ahverage person, ve have examined ze ergonomics und have determined dat dis is ze most effective position fur ze driverz und zo ve have no zeat adjustments und if you don't like dis, vell you are just shtoopid!

Interestingly it looks like the PPQ M2 replaces the current PPQ and it comes in 4" and 5" lengths and most interestingly of all has replaced the paddle style magazine release with a button magazine release.

I am sure this will increase the popularity of the PPQ as many people struggled to transition to the paddle style magazine release when their other firearms were button. It may also disappoint some of the existing PPQ owners who greatly like the paddle style release.

TheWombat

I like the German-style mag release and I'm sad to see it go. It also unfortunately means that the M2s use new magazines. That said, so long as the P99 is still being off offered there will still be factory compatible mags. Hopefully this move will make Walther parts more available, serviceable, and cost-effective.

Meh, I've held them, I don't like them. Reminds me of climbing in a mid 80's Jetta, ja pehfektly engineered fur ze ahverage person, ve have examined ze ergonomics und have determined dat dis is ze most effective position fur ze driverz und zo ve have no zeat adjustments und if you don't like dis, vell you are just shtoopid!

I've read this several times and can't get over how hilarious it is.

I like the German-style mag release and I'm sad to see it go. It also unfortunately means that the M2s use new magazines. That said, so long as the P99 is still being off offered there will still be factory compatible mags. Hopefully this move will make Walther parts more available, serviceable, and cost-effective.

After market upgrade might be in the works if enough people want it.

Well this will be a nice surprise come spring since I am in Essex county and have to sit on my thumbs till they get their mental health records back online. Going to be summer before I can buy anything.

I am in the exact same situation as you gd1147.