david8613

homak quick access gun safe 37 bucks!

Thanks David8613

Looked at it, but reviews say it has no backup key if the electronics go south.

The next model up for $59,04 is said to have an external 9volt battery hookup as a backup.

Wonder if this one has the same backup?

The Stack-On PDS-500 Drawer Safe with Electronic Lock on Amazon $39.97 has a key backup.

But then you could lose the key too!

Thanks David8613

Looked at it, but reviews say it has no backup key if the electronics go south.

The next model up for $59,04 is said to have an external 9volt battery hookup as a backup.

Wonder if this one has the same backup?

The Stack-On PDS-500 Drawer Safe with Electronic Lock on Amazon $39.97 has a key backup.

But then you could lose the key too!

can you post a link for the second one?

put the key in your gun safe:)

I purchased this and received it last Friday and it does have 9volt back up access, I tested it, it works fine. playing with it all weekend, for 37.00 bucks it's not bad at all, it works for keeping kids out and of course keeping it hidden from thieves... pretty heavy gauge metal,very flat with plenty room for gun and mags, and little flash light... the only thing I wish it had more protection in the interior to avoid scratching the weapon, guess Ill use a holster...

I own this safe as well and for the most part stopped using it, main reason is I didn't like the lack of support for a handgun there is minimal padding and the gun just lays in their lop-siding and I could never get the backup battery to work. I spend the 114 dollars for the speed vault gun safe that drops down with the gun ready to go,and I personally think it is the best "stand ready" handgun safe out there.

i have the speed vault and i like it. It is pretty secure for a quick access safe. and is near silent. Only problem is no extra mags or flashlight. but i keep a few lights near the safe. If you need extra mags your screwed. But ill take my chances with 15 rounds for quick access.